CRAPPIE BITE STRONG

• Bobby5

I got out fishing today around noon….and by 2PM I had my limit plus, of nice big crappies. Most were in the 3/4 lb. – 1 pound class, with biggest going near 1 1/4 lb., 13 inches. I wish I could tell you I was using a great lure or method that guarenteed my success but, I believe they will bite and bite well this time of the year whether you use jigs or minnows. Guys like Bret Clark have the talent when they can get numbers of these beauties in the summertime when it’s harder to find them for me. Here’s good proof of how aggressive they are right now = today, I never had one fish get off…every fish that hit, came into the boat. Here’s what I was using: a yellow-green hair jig, 1/16 oz. I was again fishing in deep water over brush, simply swimming the jig over the top of the deepwater cover. With the weather outlook, this may be my last day out before I turn the boat over and bring the motor home for the winter so, I was appreciative that it was a great day of fishing and sunshine. I may do a bit of shore fishing yet but, I’m already excited just thinking about the possibilities of fantastic fishing days back in the boat, along with enjoying the beauty of the Mississippi River again in 2009. Amen! BW

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.