Pool 8 Week Of Fishing

• Bobby5

This report actually covers many different species of fish, as company visited and there were three casting in the boat for for 5 days(Sept. 22-26). On Monday and Tuesday, there were heavy winds and we were a bit limited to only backwaters. These days ended up being big northern times, as we caught around 20 “snakes”, the biggest being 15 and a half pounds. Wednesday through Friday the weather was picture perfect, and we casted both backwaters and the main channel and wingdams. We ended up catching walleyes(biggest 4 pounds), largemouth and smallmouth bass, a few more northen, a few crappie hitting smaller size shad raps and a few surprises like sheepshead and close to a 1 pound slab bluegill caught on Friday with a newly acquired 100 size bandit lure. To me, that was the coolest catch of the 5 days, as when company isn’t visiting, you’ll find me panfishing 90% of the time, except when I see boilups, I have to throw at them to see what they are. Anyway, the fish are biting good on pool 8 in the La Crosse area…get out and enjoy it if you can.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.