More Crappie/Gill Jigs

• BBKK
    IA

Here’s what I tied today.

1/32 black/chart

[/URL]

1/32 blue head with chartreuse/white chenille and chartreuse hackle.

[/URL]

1/32 blue (one of my favorite crappie colors!)

[/URL]

Bluegill special. 1/64 head with a #8 hook. Going to be KILLER under a slip float for summer gills. Chart head, white/chart chenille, and chart hackle tail

[/URL]

1/32 Green Chart Grizz marabou

[/URL]

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I think those will work just fine, not real sure tho….

Can you make the pictures bigger

BBKK
    IA

Did they pop up real big on your screen? They aren’t very big on mine, but then again I have a 26″ monitor running 1080P

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Nice jigs Kevin. Been kept house bound with the weather or are you just fed up with ice?

BBKK
    IA

Honestly haven’t had time to fish! Missed the entire warm-up! Stuck working and doing other projects that needed to be done with the warmer temps. Besides, not sure I could get on the ice the last few days, drove by one of my spots and there was what looked like about a foot of water on the ice all around the edge of the lake. Hopefully be on ice somewhere tomorrow. Tied up some little micro versions of these to try under the ice.

scott-k
    Red Wing

Good color choices…nice flair on the char/white/char tail. Marabou is fun to play with…I use rabbit and kip tail on small jigs too. The madness never ends! Soon, people you thought were friends will divert your attention and start stealing your hand ties…no joke

BBKK
    IA

The blue one is fox tail, cool action in the fish tank. Haven’t tried rabbit or calf yet.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Nice looking jigs once again.

BBKK
    IA

Thanks!

I got the “bluegill special” out on the ice today. Caught some smaller gills, 1 bass, and around a dozen crappies. Nothing worth photographing, but that wasn’t the jig’s fault! The fish really seemed to like the chartreuse today with the murky water from all the runoff last week.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Must be the weather causing some creativity. I played with some #6 wide gap wacky hooks today in an old collar-less 1/32 head mold. The way the eyes on these hooks orient to the front of the head makes them a swimming machine. I took the two rigged baits seen here to the river behind me just to cast, retrieve and watch the actions between the two. I really like the way those wide gaps swim over the heads with a 90 degree leg but the 90 degree heads will still be the winner under a float.

Always something more to add to the arsenal.

Frenchman
    West Central Indiana

Awesome looking jigs!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.