Quick Pool 8 Gill Report 4/28/10

• bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

My mouth has been watering ever since reading the pool 8 report put up by fish bite my hook, thank you dude for getting me off my butt and out looking for a fish fry

There are a large number of gills in the shallows near and on the spawn sites. These fish were averaging 6 inches for me. Slipping off into deeper water produced nicer fish for myself, some at 9 inches with the majority at 7 ½ to 8 inches. Keeping the bait on or just a tad off the bottom in 5-6fow was the key for putting some keepers on ice.

A number 12 Clown Diamond Jig under a slip bobber sporting a piece of crawler produced the nicer gills.

Also in the mix of these staged up gills were a number of 12-13inch Bass. They are always a delight to catch when using the lighter gear while fishing for the pannies.

Water temps in the areas fished on this day were 60-62 degrees. If these night time cold fronts would leave the area the blue ears will start there yearly spooning in the sand. It’s not far off friends

15 gills made the trip back to Sparta on this day. After cleaning I was glad to see every fish kept was a male. There were a number of big plump fish tossed back in which were believed to be females. Remember selective harvest, especially this time of the year

Good luck fishing people

DrewH
    s/w WI.

Nice results there Bret.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Nice job buddy! Glad to see you got treatment for your anal-glaucoma.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Nice job! Hope it all cleared up.

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

Atta a boy Bret! Luv it when ya catch em big enough to lip!

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Nice job on the circle fighters my friend

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

I have that same hat…but, I can’t seem to catch s^&t this spring.d

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Hey….I know that spot…..

Had to be a good day Bret..

Now if that motor part I need would only come in I could get out also

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Glad to see you got treatment for your anal-glaucoma.

Should have taken another day off. Yesterday it was announced that we are going be reducing the work force in our engineering department which puts me on the hit list

Quote:

Nice job on the circle fighters my friend.

Them bullheaded blue ears can sure stir up the bottom while doing there imitation of a spinning dinner plate

Quote:

Hey….I know that spot…..
    Now if that motor part I need would only come in I could get out also

A couple of the places were the bigger gills are hanging out can be reached from shore friend

Thanks everyone for taken the time to read and respond

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Thanks for the report Bret. I have not made it out to chase the gills yet but I hope to soon. Good luck at work, I hope you safely make it through the cuts.

Dave

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.