Crappie

• bosman
    DeSoto, WI

Water temp ~ at least surface temp ~ dropped from 54 to 49 degrees in four days. 8 to 10 inch crappie were in a holding pattern 5′ down in over 10′ of water. So were the 10 inch LMB. Getting a little concerned with ratio of bass to crappie caught. Easily 3 to 1 this afternoon. Both speices were going hog nuts for a little meat on a jig head.

Went to shallower water (3 to 5 feet) and found bigger fish. Crappie flirting with the 12″ tick. LMB weren’t as thick in the shallows but still present. Brought a sampler’s platter home for a picture & a sandwich. Gives a good perspective of the size difference between an 8 & 12…..

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Excellent job Bos

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

You are right on track, that 12″ one would make a he11 of a sandwich but it would take both of the 8″ers to come close to the size of sammy the 12″er would make.

for crappie sandwiches

Hillsdale (my home lake) was 63 degrees last week and today it is still 63 degrees. I would have thought the temperature would have dropped about 4 with the cool rains and lower 30s at night, heck last night my thermometer went down to 28.

Nice report there Bosman

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Speck!? Are you from Michigan?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.