P4 What a weekend!!

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The WI Back Channel was plumb full so I headed the Bay Point. Holy Parking Lot Full Batman!

Guestimating there were 200 to 300 rigs parked in the lot and across the road!

There were a lot of boat up the dam side of the Y, but very few compared to the number of rigs.
    I was busy getting Tim Alm’s on eagles for photos so I didn’t have much time to talk to anyone about fish caught or technique, but we saw a number of bent rods. Most people seemed to be fishing in locations out of the wind.

I was concerned about boat loading with all the rigs, everyone lined up in orderly fashion, and I was out of there in 20 to 30 minutes.

It was a great day to be back on the water!

PS The back channel is packed again this morning.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

LOL! It was! Launching an loading was a breeze. <pun intended.
    Sun was warm when a person was out of the wind. Lot’s of people fishing without any other boats around once away from the known holes.

I actually had a brief moment of wanting to fish for a walleye. But I got over it. coffee

bigcrappie
    Blaine

AIMS tournament was this weekend, that would explain all the boats.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

It was a little “over the top” to say the least. Most AIM guys did not go to the dam- the rest did. I know it’s the usual, but gets to be like 100 guys are hunting the same 40 acres– everyone is stepping on each others toes and getting into each others way. Just when you think it can’t get any worse, it does! Good news is, regardless of how bad the fishing is, with that many hooks in the water someone is going to catch a 10lber!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Just when you think it can’t get any worse, it does!

So your saying you broke another net Doc? How big was this one?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

AIMS tournament was this weekend, that would explain all the boats.

That would of been about 75… not accounting for the other 425 at the two ramps I was at. LOL!

PS the Vermilion River had 3-5 boats in the mouth and two up by the bridge. We were kind of lonely up there. )

JEREMY
    BP

Not that area but i would like to know what everyone was fishing the MN river for on Saturday by my house. Sure they were all jigging carp with fat heads. Right.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

We broke the net on a 16 incher, not a current fan of Ego nets…. doah

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I bent (a little) a frabill on a 59 pound flathead once.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

From Tim Alms Photography.

Attachments:
    1. Windy-P4-AIM-Tourny.jpg

mojogunter

16″ is pretty big for an EGO net. whistling Complete flimsey POS. I had one for a month, and then went the opposite route and went for an RS net. Probably a bit overkill. I know there are several guys that like the EGO, I personally don’t get it, but unlike several that bash things they have never used or owned, I owned one and I hated it. Great idea if they could beef the slider and the neck up.

We broke the net on a 16 incher, not a current fan of Ego nets…. doah

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.