P4 reports

• The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

I am headed to pool 4 tomorrow looking to see if anyone has any reports? Thanks in advance

shockers
    Rochester

SCRATCHA!

I fished today (Saturday) and it was a Dead Sea for me. I was mainly down by Wabasha. So…maybe better upstream.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Nope…I fished Lake City today. put in 6 hours and not one bite. very strange and very rough out there. It was perfect conditions if you ask me. I marked so many fish suspended and tight to bottom and not a nibble. some casting, some vertical with jigging raps and dragged jigs rest of the day. felt great to breathe the fall air tho!

Deleted

Slow but enough for a meal. 34” pike on the ultralight was nice.

Attachments:
    1. 8581B103-3876-4E80-A19A-5745D3A55C8B.jpeg

2. E153128C-EA81-4EE9-9A85-51321574DBDB.jpeg

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

I was skunked for the day nice weather though

sji

Maybe I’m a gluten for punishment but going to give it a go on Sunday. Might have to check my reels to make sure there is enough line to reach bottom with the predicted water level.

Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

Maybe I’m a gluten for punishment but going to give it a go on Sunday. Might have to check my reels to make sure there is enough line to reach bottom with the predicted water level.

Slow down your presentation and find the seams in current.

mojogunter

I fished Saturday and Sunday on pool 4. Water is really high and dirty. About 6″ of clarity at best. No bite whatsoever for me on the river. Moved down to the lake and found a some takers although the clarity on the lake isn’t much better. All of the fish we caught came off a Denver rig or leadcore. The majority came off points or turns on steep break lines. Highlight was a fat 27″

ssperch
    Hudson, WI

I was out Sunday as well and worked hard for one fish on the upper end of Pepin! Wind made it tough to work some spots correctly though. Good luck out there!

shockers
    Rochester

Appreciate the update.

I drove down to the Wabasha marina Saturday to check things out. Figured I’d at least toss a bobber in around the marina to see if any crappie had moved shallow etc. I had no luck. Water was WAY up – launches/parking lot areas under water in the usual areas. So hats off to those guys who managed to launch and give it a shot. Did see a few duck hunters brave the wind and high water. But only one or two boats.

billy03z71

Anyone been out lately, thinking about trying it Sunday morning

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I heard the head of the lake was good last weekend for walleyes by trolling. Crappies are showing up on rip-rap and marinas. The high water isn’t helping the fall bite a lot especially with the ever-present wind.

Russ Olson

Are the docks still out in Lake city?

eyeguy507
    SE MN

just got back from red wing and there were many boats from baypoint up to the dam. everyone seemed to be trying to get out of the swift current. I had enough trying to fight a losing battle so I made my way up vermillion in search of some slack water. it was tough sledding in there too but with all the high water, I was really able to make it into some not so accessible spots and the fishing was ok at best but I found some spots for my next trip. ended up with 4 nice sauger and lost a heavy fish at the boat. a parade of A$$holes in there 40 foot yachts made it impossible to fish the lock side. One boat almost pushed his wake into my 18′ boat. TOTAL DISRESPECT/NEGLIGENCE. I wish I had gotten the name of that boat…..probably S.S Douchebag

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Are the docks still out in Lake city?

I think you got another month before they pull the dock? Baypoint and Colvill are out even later. you always have the Wisconsin channel access and Everts year round. plenty of options

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

just got back from red wing and there were many boats from baypoint up to the dam. everyone seemed to be trying to get out of the swift current. I had enough trying to fight a losing battle so I made my way up vermillion in search of some slack water. it was tough sledding in there too but with all the high water, I was really able to make it into some not so accessible spots and the fishing was ok at best but I found some spots for my next trip. ended up with 4 nice sauger and lost a heavy fish at the boat. a parade of A$$holes in there 40 foot yachts made it impossible to fish the lock side. One boat almost pushed his wake into my 18′ boat. TOTAL DISRESPECT/NEGLIGENCE. I wish I had gotten the name of that boat…..probably S.S Douchebag[/quote

probably the musky Hunter lmao

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.