P4 4/6

• nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Slow going for my father and me. Really fun seeking out new water, but also alot of learning involved which didn’t translate to many good fish for us.

Scratched out 10 or so walleyes/sauger for the day with a handful of white bass. 2 nice keepers, and 3-14 31/32″ eyes, literally could stretch them out to be legal, bummer. Anywhere from 3-18′ water. Nothing consistent. Jig colors all over the board, only a sauger on a white moxie, keeper eye on a blade, and that’s it for artificials. Everything else was jig/fathead combo. Wish I would’ve cranked for a lil bit. Crawlers were getting pecked with no takers on floaters.

Couple sauger were milting pretty good. Water temp 48-49. Beut of a day to be out, plenty of fish on screen, can’t wait to get back!

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

I was out on Monday and Tuesday and had a pretty similar report from my boat of two people. Didn’t catch a single fish on a plastic, most came on jig/fathead, and actually a fair amount on a lindy rig with a plain hook and fathead. Monday kept 4- 21″ and 19″ male walleye, 15″ walleye, 14.5″ sauger. Tuesday kept 8, about half of them were 14-15″ sauger. Between the 2 days, we caught lots of 14.5-14.99″ walleye. Just not too many over the 15″ mark.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Ryan’s been boating some porkers on plastics.

From 4/4

Attachments:
    1. Ryan-King.jpg

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Saw that pic earlier in week, and needless to say put in my time with a white moxie…..

Quite a bit of sand dunes areas I passed over that looked good, but wasn’t marking much on them so moved on. Think next time around I’ll be trying out more structure areas and not necsarily the big eddies.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Not fair….he’s a professional.

One of the local guides has a picture of a monster like that posted. I wonder how many 15″ fish you have to catch on average before you catch a monster like that.

I’m sure some stats guy on here will say you can’t predict it because of random chance but still……

ssperch
    Hudson, WI

Those big ones often aren’t mixed in with the small ones!

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I gotta rethink my strategy….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.