Owl house

• Coletrain27

My father told me today that my mom wants an owl house to hang up at their place. I figured I would make her one for Mother’s Day. Anyone ever made one? From a quick search they really don’t look much different than a duck house. Anyone have any tips as for the size and the hole size or any other info? Thanks!

stevenoak

We have about 25 wood duck boxes. Usually have 2 or 3 red phase screech owls in then when we clean them in the winter. They seem to move on or get moved on when the woodies are ready to nest. My experience tight planted white pine rows are good owl attractors. With a good food source nearby. Googles your friend. Tons of plans on the net. Where you put it seems to make more difference than what you build. Food source in eyesight is important and if it’s limited. They tend to clean out the local rabbits, cats etc. Then move on till they recoup.

LabDaddy1

We have about 25 wood duck boxes. Usually have 2 or 3 red phase screech owls in then when we clean them in the winter. They seem to move on or get moved on when the woodies are ready to nest. My experience tight planted white pine rows are good owl attractors. With a good food source nearby. Googles your friend. Tons of plans on the net. Where you put it seems to make more difference than what you build. Food source in eyesight is important and if it’s limited. They tend to clean out the local rabbits, cats etc. Then move on till they recoup.

I want to see a screech owl take on a cat rotflol

I know what you meant though lol

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.