Oven style

• Skol
    Lake City

One of my buddies introduced me to the shore lunch oven style a couple years ago on lake of the woods while staying in a Sleeper. Since then our group has quit pan frying our fish completely and is all oven.
    Since I’m new to this site I just wanted to share it with you fellas. If you don’t mind cutting out the greese taste and would rather taste the fish vs oil… Give it a try. I prefer healthier alternatives and the whole family likes the taste and crunch.
    Just wanted to share this with my new friends.

Happy hooking
    Skol

Attachments:
    1. Snapchat-382608604.jpg

2. 0208182110.jpg

3. 0207180856.jpg

jld
    Holmen

I have used this product in the past with no complaints but have gone to using Italian bread crumbs. Dip them in egg wash and then the crumbs. Bake on 400 for a few minutes and fish tacos are ready. No grease or mess. Still love a good old fashion fish fry but for my panfish I prefer the oven.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

It is the bread crumbs in the recipe, in combo with the high 400 heat that makes it not soggy. As mentioned by jld, you can make your own easy at home.

Im right along with you guys on the baked for the same reasons.

nord

Skol, do you think this would work on a grill putting the fish in a aluminum pan?

Rod Bent

Skoal, Skol! I like fish baked. FW makes one with egg whites, mayo and cheese. Almost a soufflé on top. I want to try whole stuffed fish (pike).

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Skol, do you think this would work on a grill putting the fish in a aluminum pan?

Worth a try but not sure you’ll get the results. Foil will keep in any moisture. That same moisture will keep the breading soft.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.