Outboard Motor Online?

• slough

Looking at getting a 4 or 6 hp to put on my little puddle jumper for the coming spring (I can dream right?). I’ll check with my local dealers but wondering if anyone has dealt with any of the online outboard dealers. Looks like onlineoutboards and outboarddirect are a couple that appear legitimate; I know there are many illegitimate ones as well.

Joe

I ordered a 15hp suzuki through overtons last spring. My only complaint is I still have not received the warranty information.

Iowaboy1

When were still having problems getting small outboards through our vendors as they were concentrating on larger ones and warranty parts I took a gamble and bought one through outboards online.
    It showed up about four days later in a factory box complete with propeller, gas tank, and fuel line assembly , no scratches, dings, or problems of any kind.

I filled out the warranty papers and sent them in and got a reply that they had received the paper work.
    Since then, I have bought three more from them, four experiences all good.
    I sent three customers directly to them and they had good results as well.

I know they got popular quick as very soon they were running out of inventory, good luck! I wont have any problem buying from them again.

queenswake
    NULL

Bought a 6HP Tohatsu from onlineoutboards and no issues. They would’ve have survived this long if they weren’t legit.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Bought my Mercury 9.9 EFI Pro kicker from Outboards Direct great to work with cheapest, no tax and free shipping. They filled out all the Warranty information for me, would recommended them in a heart beat.

stout93
    Becker MN

Interesting this topic came up. I’ve been looking for an outboard since last summer. Been looking at FB Marketplace, but not much there. Also, weary about buying used since I’m no expert outboard mechanic.

Looking at the onlineoutboards.com website. Anyone have any thoughts on the brands? I’m only looking between 10-15hp.

Looks like they sell Tohatsu, Mecury, Suzuki and Honda.

Iowaboy1

Suzuki would be my first choice, Honda second, Tohatsu then Merc, the last two are identical until you get above 40 HP if memory serves me.

slough

Ended up ordering a Suzuki from onlineoutboards. Called their number with a couple questions and had good customer service there; placed the order and had it at my house in just over 3 days. Pretty solid outfit in my experience.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.