Otter XT PRO RESORT?

• Matt Dosch

I am in the market for a new otter, just a couple questions. Is the resort big enough to fish 3 guys that are pretty good sized and not be crowded, bumping elbows and what not? Is it worth the extra money to get the pro series? any pros and cons or insight greatly appreciated. thanx

07lotwchamp
    Andover, Mn

Resort is big enough for 3 guys as far as the pro I just upgraded to a thermal shack this year (lodge pro) and all I can say is wow! So warm, so much better in windy conditions and rock solid! Back to the resort thoughts…very heavy, bulky and will only fit in a 8′ truck bed or similar just food for thought. Hope it helps and good luck in your decision. (LEDs are a must also)

Matt Dosch

it will be pulled by atv so pulling isn’t a problem and I had a clam x4 before so that wouldn’t fit in a standard pickup bed either so heavy and bulky is ok just want room for me and a couple guys. thanks for the info thermal it will be

jarrod holbrook

I run the cabin for 2 guys. The resort was my first choice, but it didn’t fit in my trailer sad it will definitely fish 3. I can squeeze 3 into the cabin but it’s tight. Only downside is sharing the electronics. You’ll love the shack. Best one I’ve ever owned!

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

My Brother and son have the resort, I have the lodge. I have fished out of all 3 of them. I sure wouldn’t want to fish 3 guys out of the resort. Very roomy for 2 guys, but I don’t know about 3. If you think about it that’s only 28″ per guy width wise. Have to be pretty skinny guys to have all the fishing gear on and sit in a 28″ space.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I just saw there is a brand new Otter lodge on this site for sale at a heck of a deal. I would go with that rather than the Resort. I seriously don’t think you are going to be happy with 3 guys in the resort. Might as well get very comfy fishing for 2 people and a lighter more manageable fish house. Both my brother and son wish they had gone with the lodge over the resort. Just my opinion.

andrew stanton

I have a wild lodge. That will fit 3 guys but it will be tight. A resort should be good.

Bigwalleye30
    MN

You can fish 3 in a resort fairly easy. When we do it we’ll throw in a little chair and have the person in the middle sit on the ice with his back to the door. Seems to work better than having the 3 seats in a row. It works, but no where near as well as a big pop up. I will say though if you only have 2 people, pulled by an ATV and fits in your trailer, the resort is by far the best house out there.

toursauce32
    West Fargo, ND

I have run the Resort XTPro1200 for 2 seasons now and absolutely love it. I primarily fish with my 2 brother-in-laws and the 3 of us have no issues fishing out of it. I pull mine behind my Ranger so no issue with transporting. Even if you were going to fish primarily with 2 guys I would still recommend the resort and just take out a seat and have the extra room. (Picture of fishing setup attached)

Best house to buy in my option.

Attachments:
    1. Ranger.jpg

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.