Otter rod box pulls through again!

• Bryan Myers

This morning on my way to work I hit a patch of ice, then the ditch, then a fence and turned my truck into a pile of scrap metal. This time of year I almost always have a Marcum and the rods with, for some reason the Marcum was not with me today luckily. The Otter Sportsman’s Case was though and it did its job amazingly well. I don’t know how it didn’t hit me in the head but it was hanging out the rear window when they got it rolled over and the only thing that happened was one buckle came loose. I have put my Sportsman’s Case through some tests over the years but this was probably the toughest one. Good thing is no one was hurt and no rods were harmed in this test!

Attachments:
    1. image87.jpg

2. image86.jpg

3. image85.jpg

4. image84.jpg

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Glad your ok. Rods can be replaced, life is a little more difficult. Any pics for us with morbid minds?

Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

Glad your ok. Rods can be replaced, life is a little more difficult. Any pics for us with morbid minds?

X2, more the rods replaceable, lifes not part though

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Good to know about the case as mine often rides in the truck with me too but better to hear you are not injured.

Dave

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Glad to hear your ok…sweet the rods made it too.

Bryan Myers

Well after Friday’s rod box test I thought I was all done with bad things for a while. Well then Sunday after coming off the ice for the day. I found my rod box had fell out of my shack somehow while in tow. We searched the lake and asked anyone we saw but know one had seen it.

Well for me this was the second time I have lost a rod box full of rods and it felt really bad after such a bad week. I however this time had a business card in the box this time so I had a flicker of hope that it would return. After a near sleepless night, this morning at work I got a call from a fellow angler who had found it. This gentleman was so nice he swung it by my work for me. I couldn’t get him to take anothing for a reward, and I could not thank him enough. Finally things are looking up!

Breezy

Well after Friday’s rod box test I thought I was all done with bad things for a while. Well then Sunday after coming off the ice for the day. I found my rod box had fell out of my shack somehow while in tow. We searched the lake and asked anyone we saw but know one had seen it.

Well for me this was the second time I have lost a rod box full of rods and it felt really bad after such a bad week. I however this time had a business card in the box this time so I had a flicker of hope that it would return. After a near sleepless night, this morning at work I got a call from a fellow angler who had found it. This gentleman was so nice he swung it by my work for me. I couldn’t get him to take anothing for a reward, and I could not thank him enough. Finally things are looking up!

When all things go to hell, it’s the last thing you need when the smallest things hold you back from your one thing of separation from the world. Truck can be replaced. Rods can be replaced. Glad you have another chance at a trophy fish of a life time. I’ve rolled a box truck
    at 70mph and am lucky to still be searching for miss 30″+ walleye. Glad you got your Rods back and your healthy. Karma will reward that guy that did the right thing. It could always be worse. #nottobethatguy

hamms
    Mn

Wow that is cool to hear!! If only Cal was that lucky. You really did put that truck through the test as well. Glad that cab held up as good as it did. Glad you were ok.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.