Otter Led Lights

• Connor Pennings

If you’re thinking about purchasing otters overpriced LED light kit, beware. I bought a set last winter and after 5 trips out the one strip stopped working, so being as I’m an electrician I decided to strip it down and find the problem. What I found was the diode strip is so flimsy and cheap that it formed 2 small hairline cracks which broke the connection. I may be crazy, but for $80 I’d expect to get at least 3 seasons out of something if not more, guess that’s what you get these days with garbage made overseas.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1811.jpeg

crinkle cut

Same experience. I bought some hawg outdoors lights, and while they aren’t as bright, seem to be robust. Time will tell.

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

I have had the Otter lights in an Otter X-Over Lodge for three years and have not had any issues.

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

Abnormal bending of the strip. I’ve seen this when the Lites are used in hubs and slide into a weird area and are jammed into a bag. Also, when they slide over the corner on a flip over house.
    Call customer service and a new set would be on the way. Kinda on your own now that its disassembled.

Shannon

bigcrappie
    Blaine

LED strip off Ebay $15. Have it in my Otter Cabin for the last 5 years no problems. Have to get the water proof strips.

Hookset
    Southern MN

I’ve had the otter lights for at least 2 years and no issues. They are placed in a 5gal bucket during break down of the hub in sub zero temps….was going to buy another set for our other shack, maybe the newer ones are not as good.

Hookset
    Southern MN

Contact otter, they have awesome customer service! I broke my anchor quick adapter for the drill, they sent me a new one no issues.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

LED strip off Ebay $15. Have it in my Otter Cabin for the last 5 years no problems. Have to get the water proof strips.

x2. For info, you buy splicers for them on EBay also.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.