Otter Easy Frame Release Levers? Do these work?

• JoeMX1825
    MN

I just saw these on Otter’s website, does anybody have experiance with these on other brand poles? Do they truly make the pole extension process easier? are they reliable during freezing temps? Getting the poles all setup is something I don’t look forward to, so if there’s a product that will make it easier, then take my money…

Really cool that Otter made them compatible with all of thier previous flip over shacks dating back to 2008…

Easy Frame Release Levers

CaptainMusky

IDK if you are going to find very many people that have used these since they are “New”. They look like they would work pretty good from the other pictures on the website.

deertracker

I like the look of those! Hopefully someone has used them and can give a review.
    DT

JoeMX1825
    MN

IDK if you are going to find very many people that have used these since they are “New”. They look like they would work pretty good from the other pictures on the website.

I’m pretty sure other brand flipovers have been using them for years? Frabil and Eskimo maybe? I’ve only ever been an Otter guy…

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Looks similar to the ones on my Clam and they work better than the old push button style, however they are easier to bump and have the roof slid down. I imagine Otter will have a better design than Clam but that was my experience. Stop in somewhere that has a display if you want to check it out.

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

Yes, I tested them last year. They work!

Ripjiggen

I like them in my clam which has a similar version. Easier to work with gloves on.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Good info, I’ll be picking up a pack…

deertracker

Where are you ordering them from? I did a quick search and found one company but didn’t see their shipping rate yet. What I saw was about $20 for a pack of 8.
    DT

JoeMX1825
    MN

My Otter will remain in ceiling storage until November at the earliest…probably pick them up at Fleetfarm when they put their ice fishing stuff out…

Sylvanboat

I like them in my clam which has a similar version. Easier to work with gloves on.

Are these the Clam push buttons you use?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Anything is better than having just the push buttons. Clam put them on all their flip overs I think two or three years ago and they are great. I imagine these will be a nice addition for Otter shacks as well.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.