Original Ion

• Ron Burgundy
    Utica MN

Any thoughts on the original Ion? I see there is no center point.

Smellson

I’m still running an original ion. No issue without the centering point. To be honest I didn’t realize the new ones had one? Augers been great, original battery has lost a little bit so I bought an additional battery last year. Can’t see myself splurging on the new model until something catastrophic happens to this one. May not be as fast as the new ones but still plenty fast for me

Ron Burgundy
    Utica MN

Do the new batteries work in the old model?

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

You can add a center, they sell a kit.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Mine is on its 6th season. I just replaced the battery for the first time 2 weeks ago and went with the upgraded 5 amp. Its been working great with the ever thickening ice. Im still on my original blades. I have no complaints. However with the ice approaching 2 feet and as much as I like to move around I was just thinking of getting the old 2-stroke out of storage.

Ahren Wagner
    Northern ND-MN

Mine just broke last weekend. The metal studs that hold the gears in place broke so basically there is no more torque delivered. I don’t have warranty any more so I’m trying to fix it myself but it looks like I’m going to be a hand auger guy for the rest of the winter

JoeMX1825
    MN

Mine just broke last weekend. The metal studs that hold the gears in place broke so basically there is no more torque delivered. I don’t have warranty any more so I’m trying to fix it myself but it looks like I’m going to be a hand auger guy for the rest of the winter

I would at least give Artisam a call or email, see if they would replace it since it sounds like a nonfault part failure, they have awesome customer service…

Ron Burgundy
    Utica MN

Ion sale expired. Waiting to get the Strikemaster 24v next year.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Ion sale expired. Waiting to get the Strikemaster 24v next year.

EVERYTHING ice fishing related will start to go on clearance soon, sales right now are just a last ditch attempt to get a few more $$ before they clearance everything to make room for spring/summer gear…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.