Opener Roll Call

• lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Who’s going this weekend? What are your planned tactics?

I’ll be up with my kids but will probably get some adult fishing time too.

TMF89

We’ll be on the water on the NE side at midnight on Saturday, trolling cranks like we have the last few years. Should be a good time!

Ripjiggen

Will be there. Pulling cranks rigging minnows casting plastics…

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

2nd opener on Lake Vermilion

MNdrifter

I know it’s not cool, but me and the boys (11&14) got a spot on a launch out of garrison sports doing the midnight thing! They love ML launches. Were staying at the campground next door to the north.

Hatch99

I will be there heading out around 5 am Saturday and fishing all day. Going from my place on the south end up to the sand. Throwing everything but the kitchen sink! The key for me is to keep moving and change things up as needed. Good luck to everyone!

Ripjiggen

I know it’s not cool, but me and the boys (11&14) got a spot on a launch out of garrison sports doing the midnight thing! They love ML launches. Were staying at the campground next door to the north.

Sounds cool to me especially if I was 11 and 14…

AK Guy

I remember fishing with my dad and Eddie Silker on his launch back in the early 70’s. You’re giving your kids great memories. Mine revolved being able to drink all the cans of Holiday pop, KFC, and candy bars I wanted. Oh yeah, we caught a bunch of walleyes too!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Been a number of years since I’ve done a Mille lacs opener. I’ll be out of Red door or Fishers. Most likely trolling cranks. Not sure if I’m ready to commit to live bait yet. Pretty sure I don’t even own a spinner or lindy rig.

BrianF

We’ll be there…targeting smallies primarily on the W side, then driving to Vermilion from there for the rest of the weekend. Hope we catch something.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I decided I’ll be fishing the west side Saturday. Not doing the midnight thing but I’ll be there about 4 am. Staying away from the north sand and closer to the shallow weeds. Should produce a good mix of smallies and walleyes. I’m more interested in smallies

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

That sounds like a lot of fun. My boy would love that.

Tony Hanson

Will be going out of our place on the SW corner, probably not going too far there while I test the recovery from my back injury. Most likely hit the lake at the crack of 9-10:00 am after cooking the kids a big breakfast. I expect the shallow bite to be pretty good this year.

mojogunter

I will troll all night Saturday evening to Sunday morning

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Launch fishing is a Blast! Still do a launch once or twice a year.

Will be out at sun up and put in a good day! Have the whole week off for fishing. No need to get out at midnight for this guy. peace

-J.

gonefishin

I also will sleep in. Walk out to the end of the dock, about 9:00 AM and then troll around Sunset Bay, Big Point, and Hunters. After filling the freezer with all those 29 -31″ that the natives didn’t get, will probably switch over to bass.

Alex Fox

Will be up in the north sand with the family. Like to try other spots but it’s a golf shot from the cabin and we tend to get lazy.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I hope to get out to the flooded willows or maybe the flats now that the river is all mine!

michael keehr

Will be there out of myr mar as always. Lazy man’s fishing bobber up as the sun hits the tree tops. Cant get the old man out at midnight anymore but will be out by 5 for sure pitching jigging raps and rigging

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.