Onyx floatation jacket

• critter 1

Anyone out there have experience with the Onyx floatation jacket? I have been looking at a camo jacket for fall and spring cold weather on the river. I always wear an inflatable but it is hard to get on over heavy jackets. Real experience pros and cons?

isu22andy

Striker ice hardwater jacket for me . Have heard good things on the predator line and climate line. All float If I remember right . Quite possible the best piece of winter fishing gear I’ve ever bought. Changed my fishing for sure .

critter 1

These are actual coast guard approved life jackets. I am aware of the striker and others. Not what Im looking at but thanks.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I got the duck camo one this year off Marketplace for $40. Make sure you get the correct re arming kit. Lady I got mine from bought the wrong one so I had to modify the cartridge to fit. the auto models have an expiration date on one of the parts.

Pros are it is super light
    Cons would be chance of accidental inflation if you are clumsy?

I don’t think anyone that has one regrets their purchase, but I am sure there are a few?

critter 1

No These are not inflatable. They are flotation jackets. Look like a duck hunting jacket. I have an inflatable. not what I am asking.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.