One Week to Go

• poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

By this time next week I will be sitting in the boat on Kab again. First time I’ve made 2 trips in one year. Never been in that area in the fall, looking forward to some awesome fall scenery and finding out what the fall bite is like. Most importantly though I am really going to enjoy 4 days of worrying about nothing but the next bite.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Color was really popping Sunday!

wiswalleye48
    East Troy, WI

poomunk
    I was up on Kab last week from 09/18 to 09/21 (my 2 sons and myself). this is my 8th trip to Kab and 3rd in mid to late Sept. We stayed at Northern Lights on the north/west end of the lake. We did ok each day, we caught 5 eyes between 23-24″, 1 at 25″, a bunch in the 17-22″. we used selective harvest and only brought 6 home from 15-16.75″. We also caught 2 jumbo perch a 12″ and “13 mixed in the walleye areas. The key we discovered was 1/4 jig with muli-color but had to have a splash of white as one of the colors tipped with LG minnows 3-4”. We fished island points deep 28-40′. We tried 1/8 but with the light wind we could not stay connected to the bottom. Normally you felt the weight more than the hit.

Talk of camp was Donut island trolling #7 Raps-purple in 31′ no one would provide the speed or if they were long lining or lead core. We tried the area with jigs as we did not have our trolling equipment with us. Our HDS showed fish mostly in the bottom 4′ but we never hooked any. Trust your locator, no marks move to next island point.
    Have fun and tight lines
    Walleye Hunter

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Thanks for the tip, we also are staying at nlro, 3rd time back there, I like how protected their harbor is too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.