On Water Boat Show

• Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Mark your calendars! Saturday October 6th. Three of the very best fishing hulls made, Warrior,Skeeter, & Ranger powered by Yamaha & Mercury will be in the water ! Test drives are welcome and will be a fun day !

Attachments:
    1. OTWBS_Flyer.pdf

Dean Marshall

Please note, if planning on attending for a test drive, we would appreciate registering, but not required .

Attachments:
    1. OTWBS_Flyer-1.pdf

Dean Marshall

Last minute reminder and you are invited !

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Good for me, bad for you, i’m still out of town. grin

Have a great time down there. These ride events are a must do for anybody thinking of a new boat. toast

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Wish I was closer.

Musky Ed

Great time at the on water boat show yesterday. Got to try the three boats I had interest in, and was able to answer some questions, and ideas I had, that couldn’t really be answered on a showroom floor. No where else, would you have the opportunity to try out every boat and model, at one place, and at the same time. There was all the help you could ask for, and I only had to wait one time for one of the three boats I was interested in to make its way back to the dock. In all three boat demos, I never felt rushed, to cut the demo short, an in fact, with one of the boats, we spent quite a bit of time on the water. Another fine example, of the service provided at The Boat Center. Thanks again

grizzly
    nebraska

so what do you think was the best boat and what did you drive?

Musky Ed

Drove the WX 2200, WX 2060, and the V208. Honestly no one boat, best at everything that matters to me. Keep in mind that I currently have a MX 2040, that I absolutely love, but my fishing focus has shifted to mostly all lake Michigan fishing, and one day while trolling in 5′ plus waves, really got my attention when we had to turn into the wind at times. Never did feel unsafe, its an incredible boat, but could have used an extra 3 or 4″ of boat depth, not only for trolling those conditions, but also for motoring out to where I wanted to fish. I do think my 2040, has the best use full storage for my needs, of the bunch. V208, very smooth ride, fantastic side storage for rods and just stuff, great floor, nice dash layout. Front deck short, and not to my liking, floor a little more nose up than I would like for a long day of musky or jig fishing. Also a little slow, 6-7mph slower, in comparison to The Skeeters, and just expensive. WX 2060, impressive take off, mid range, and Top end, 58mph, with a nice ride. I think the tabs are a very useful addition. Stayed on plane down to apx 17mph, with about half tab. Nice front deck, reasonably flat in the water, nice rod box to me, ok side rod box, better than last year I think, large rear storage, small drivers side side storage, smaller glove box than my MX 2040. Over all a great, and very capable boat, at a good price point. WX 2200, good take off and top end 58mph, maybe could have been improved with 1″ less pitch in prop, as we topped out at 5700 rpm, but honestly don’t know much about the 300 engine. Could stay on plane down to 18mph, or so with the tabs. Had the most level attitude in the water of the three boats, and would be the most comfortable to cast from. Massive front deck, and rod box. Huge cockpit area and rear storage. Rest, same as 2060. Was able to run the WX2200 through some big wakes, as we were right behind a big crusier that was really sunk in the rear, and the 2200 just plowed right through them. The Wx 2200 was very impressive for its size, but to be honest I am a 30-45mph guy, and that’s where I want the right handling characteristics. There was many other things that I noticed, but this will give you a brief summary. Forgot to add, that I also considered the Ranger 621, but eliminated it due to its excessive on trailer length, that would have left me too tight in my garage, by the time I added a 4-6″ power jackplate. This manufacture has lost the ability of me to even consider for purchase a 621. While the WX 2200 is actually a longer boat, its trailered length is actually shorter. I have a large garage, but Ranger lost me because of their trailer design. This trend towards larger boats, is I am sure a much higher profit margin for manufactures and dealers, but we have now gotten to where you need a pole barn to own a boat. There in lies the reason why most buyers stop at 20′ boats, with well designed trailers.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.