West Okoboji

• fluff47
    NE Nebraska

Fished last weekend, lots of small largemouth, small northern, a few small walleye, one big school of whites, one nice perch, and hardley a keeper smallmouth which is what I usually catch. I’m headed back this weekend to try again if anybody’s got a suggestion what to try next. I’ll be happy to list what didn’t work if anybody’s interested in that.

Fluff

shaley
    Milford IA

Spent the weekend chasing muskies on West O. Boated 4 lost 1 seen 7 more. Boated alot of snot rockets and had several smallies follow to the boat 3 of them being bigger ones. Did pic up a semi alive 19″ smallie floating Sat morn one of my partners is going to mount it for his shop.

For bigger smallies and eyes try the reefs, the one in Millers holds good fish as well as the one between Ft Dodge and Pocahontas Pt. Noth side of Pikes might be worth a look to on the deep breaks. THere is a Muskie tourney on West this upcoming weekend so most of the prime smallies spots will also be getting hit from the muskie guys. Oh yea also try Lime Kiln.

fluff47
    NE Nebraska

Thanks for the help. I did hit all those spots and then some. Just must not have been holding my mouth right cause all I could pick up were small fish. I’ll be there again this weekend to give it another shot. Here’s hope’n I used up all my bad luck and this time a few big ones find the bait…

shaley
    Milford IA

try livebait or muskie baits

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.