East and West Okoboji Memorial Day weekend

• walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Got up to Okoboji around 4:00pm Saturday and fished till about 11pm that night. Caught some good smallmouth casting shad raps in about 10ft of water on West Okoboji.

Sunday with the fog/mist/rain I focused on West for walleye during the day. It paid off, ended up catching around 15 walleye between 13-18″. Headed over to East Okoboji and had about the same luck. Also managed to catch around 10 smaller pike and a couple 15″ FAT smallmouth. All were caught trolling #5 shad raps in about 10-15ft of water.

Monday brought WIND and sun. Fished West Okoboji in the morning before the wind really picked up along with the pleasure boaters. Caught quite a few smallmouth, one around 16″ and more pike than I care to handle in a day.

Moved over to East Okoboji after lunch and caught soem very good walleye including a nice healthy 25″ Walleye I tied into right in front of Parks Marinia with about 10 boats watching my fight this pig. Someone was able to snap a picture with their phone and send it to me.

All in all, for a busy Memorial Day weekend, not a bad couple days of fishing.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

very nice!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.