Okay off the wall question

• Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

So when talking about lake of the woods people talk about the the angle, Canada, or the south east. Me and my brother have been going out of the south east for years now and we are looking for a change. We are going to try the warroad side this year for early ice. However I have no clue about the resorts out there. That’s where you guys come into play. I am looking for any reccomendations for resorts out there. Thank you.

Karry Kyllo

Arneson’s, Springsteel and the Patch Motel right in Warroad all cater to ice fishing and they are all good. If you are looking to rent a house, I believe they all rent houses, serve food and have bars.

munchy
    NULL

I’ve stayed at Aarnesons once, they have decent shacks if that’s what you’re looking for. Main reason I haven’t gone back is I felt like a criminal when I pulled into their parking lot with my 4 wheeler in tow. Apparently they don’t want any wheeled vehicles going out of their access because they ‘may’ leave tracks on their hardpacked/unplowed ‘road’.

Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

We don’t need a fish house we like going out on our own. Also how is the fishing over there.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Asking a fishing-related question on an outdoors discussion forum is “off the wall?”

404 ERROR
    MN

We don’t need a fish house we like going out on our own.

Then I would highly recommend staying away from Arnesen’s. I’m surprised they even let you set your own hook. They cater to the casual/beginner ice fishing crowd and shun us folks who have our own gear. I’ve stayed there once. The accommodations were good, as was the food. It was the price and overall experience that will keep me from coming back. I did, however, catch two 10lb+ walleyes in one weekend up there and the weather was well below zero all weekend.

munchy
    NULL

Agreed, stay away from Arnesons if you want to venture out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.