Ok…I think it is fried…side imaging not working

• diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Took the family for a boat ride/scouting run on Lake Michigan. Flipped on the sideimaging on my 798ci HD combo and only reading the left side. Both sides were working last time I was out over three weeks ago (unless Randy W took my boat out when I was out of town ) JK.

I am thinking my almost three year old tranducer is fried because as the day went on the left side blanked and now all I have is black screen. Played with the depthfinder on the water and at home but still not reading. DI seems to be acting funny too.

Two questions.
    1) Have any of you experienced this before?
    2) Is this fixable?

Opps one more

3) Is there anything I can try to troubleshoot. Don’t know anybody else running a 798 CI HD combo to switch heads to check. Been scouring the web but most comments sound like my ducer is malfunctioning.

Just want ask you experts to troubleshoot before I have to order another ducer.

Normal depth, temp, and sonar working fine.

Thanks

Derek

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Both sides were working last time I was out over three weeks ago (unless Randy W took my boat out when I was out of town
    Derek

moon moon moon moon moon moon moon moon moon moon moon moon moon moon moon moon moon moon moon moon moon moon moon moon moon moon moon

1. Lack of Use. No red blooded American lets their boat sit in the garage for 3 weeks during the month of June. That’s an embarrassment to Wisconsin jester

2. Does your boat stink like fish….NO, Obviously I wasn’t using it rotflol

3. Had I known I could have used it, you would have come home to a much larger screen. As I’m getting older, I find the 1199 is quite comfortable to look at compared to squinting at those tiny screen whistling

4. Sounds like the ducer puked – Assuming you made sure the connections are fine. redface On the bright side, your ducer is about $50.00 cheaper to replace than mine wave

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

1. Lack of Use. No red blooded American lets their boat sit in the garage for 3 weeks during the month of June. That’s an embarrassment to Wisconsin jester

LOL

True, shamefully true……

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

After a Monday like today, that response was hilarious. jester

Needed that.

JoeMX1825
    MN

make sure you have adequate power getting to your 798, check the volts, if they are fine then your ducer puked..

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Thanks guys.

Rechecking connections again and looking at volts tonight before I spend the cash.

D

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Also anyone running a 798 CI HD combo in SE wisconsin. Would like to switch heads to make sure it is not the unit. Willing to drive to check as it would be money well spent.

Tha

eyecatchum
    Milwaukee WI

Dumb question, but maybe not…. Are you sure that you didn’t switch the settings to show only the left side imaging? I actually do this quite often on purpose if I’m just scanning something off to one side. Makes seeing small details easier on a small screen. Its only a button push or two to switch that. Could have happened on accident?

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Good question but I tried all the settings when I saw only the right side acting up. Ran through right, left, and both.

Wish that was the problem.

eyecatchum
    Milwaukee WI

Gotcha, I figured that you would have tried that, but I know more than once, I’ve found out way too late that a problem I had was something painfully obvious… Just wanted to throw it out there before you go through a bunch of trouble.

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

FYI
    The HDSI transducer will work with the 798 HD
    and it will give better returns.
    I used one on my 798 for years
    and liked the images with it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.