Oil Collapses to 1 penny a barrel.

• munchy
    NULL

BUY!! BUY!!! BUY!!!!!!!

patk
    Nisswa, MN

sort of, this was an expiring futures contract not necessarily the global price of oil. Other contracts are in the $20s depending on timing and flavor. Tough day in the markets for oil.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I filled my tank this morning and they gave me $20.

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

This is what happens when oil goes to -$37 barrel

shady5

I’m putting my 200 hp electric outboard on hold….

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

EPG they saw you coming. I got $40! jester

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eelpoutguy wrote:</div>

You forget he drives a Prius.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mxskeeter wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eelpoutguy wrote:</div>

You forget he drives a Prius.

rotflol
    Good one DB!

hop307
    Northern Todd County

sort of, this was an expiring futures contract not necessarily the global price of oil. Other contracts are in the $20s depending on timing and flavor. Tough day in the markets for oil.

The June contract is down to +$14 a barrel, it opened at $20. This is kinda how yesterday started with the May contract it was positive to start the day. blush

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

its a Prius but its diesel wink

Deuces

Silver lining with this whole thing, traffic is great and the 6.2L is light on the wallet for first time ever

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

And logically, the price of gas around here went UP overnight. Everybody is about .02 higher this morning.

Grouse

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

The “Experts” in the 70’s would preach to us that we would run out of oil.
    Here we are some 50 years later and there is an oil glut.

So “Experts” can be wrong? What else could they wrong on?

milemark_714

Read an article in the early 80s,they were saying possibly by 1990?But a lot of those oil wells in Texas/Oklahoma that went dry,have magically refilled.

Brad Dimond

Colin Powell said “Experts often possess more data than judgment.” That said, it is also foolish to discount the findings and recommendations of those who are better educated and informed on specific subjects than are you.

My understanding of the “oil at negative prices” thing is that short term futures contracts went negative out of concern that refining and storage facilities won’t have capacity to store oil in the May time frame due to the fall in consumption. The spot market price for a barrel is still in the $20-$30 range, depending on the source of the crude. Then again, I am no expert on oil…

al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

Here is an interesting article I came across yesterday on that very topic. My wife and I were talking about with the news of the oil surplus. So I poked around for answers and came across this. It doesn’t talk directly to this situation, but in general why what we were told what we were told.

https://www.e-education.psu.edu/eme801/node/486

Brad Dimond

al-wichman –

Loved the closing paragraph in the article:

Sheik Ahmed Zahi Yamani, the longtime Saudi oil minister and a key founder of OPEC, has perhaps summed up the world oil market the most nicely. He said, “The stone age came to an end, not for lack of stones, and the oil age will end, but not for lack of oil.”

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

al-wichman –

Sheik Ahmed Zahi Yamani, the longtime Saudi oil minister and a key founder of OPEC, has perhaps summed up the world oil market the most nicely. He said, “The stone age came to an end, not for lack of stones, and the oil age will end, but not for lack of oil.”

Let us ponder that for a moment.

blackbay
    mn

With a house full of toilet paper, sanitizing wipes and disinfectant, a back yard over run with hogs, dairy cows and beef cattle, does anyone know of a place to store hoarded crude oil? Asking for a friend.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

With a house full of toilet paper, sanitizing wipes and disinfectant, a back yard over run with hogs, dairy cows and beef cattle, does anyone know of a place to store hoarded crude oil? Asking for a friend.

Might be someplace selling 50 gallon plastic barrels cheap.
    I am doing my part, but there is only so much milk I can drink and I can only eat so much pork and steak as I do like to have some vegetables with the meat

al-wichman –

Might explain a lot of the power line updates lately. I am not sure if I want to drive a vehicle with an electric engine, some won’t hear it and I might be forced to install speakers that make it sound like a gas powered vehicle

riverruns
    Inactive

, “The stone age came to an end, not for lack of stones, and the oil age will end, but not for lack of oil.

Might explain a lot of the power line updates lately. I am not sure if I want to drive a vehicle with an electric engine, some won’t hear it and I might be forced to install speakers that make it sound like a gas powered vehicle

Maybe the 1st quote refers that mankind might go the way of the dinosaurs? Thus, “not for the lack of oil”.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

the Feds are practically begging me to keep driving to the river!
    null

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Why hasn’t 91 non oxy came down? It cost my 3 bucks a gallon yesterday bawling

gregory
    Red wing,mn

I’m pretty sure it’s a $1.99 here in Hager city, for 91 clear, it went down a $1 over night after my kid took all my cans down to fill toys…

eyeguy507
    SE MN

91 was $1.99 at this station too. not sure if ALL 91 is non oxy but nothing was labeled at the pump? I usually get gas only at Kwik trips but this place has held steady at $.99 for a month now so I gave in……never seen prices this low in my lifetime

Deuces

Can one assume all the tanks are full everywhere? Train yards, semis, refineries etc.

What’s to become of ethanol from all this and perhaps more importantly the farming that much of MN is growing the corn for it correct?

Does all this gas laying around have expiration dates?

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

Exactly. Basically the only thing I am buying right now. Good thing it has only been 10 gallons or so.

If the ethanol industry collapses good riddance.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.