Off topic: KQRS Morning Show

• nubbinbuck

I’ve noticed they’ve been ‘on vacation’ several times this past month, and again today.

Is something going on behind the scenes?

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

I only listen about once every 6 days, because that’s when I drive into work. I did just go to their website and it did seem live today as Barnard did mention that it was April 4.

Ford Guy 1
    Chanhassen, MN

It sounds like they’re live this morning. The whole crew was off last week Monday to Wednesday for “spring break”, then Tom was there Thursday and Friday. Tom did mention something on Friday about Terri trying to work some kind of deal, like she may be getting her own segment.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Haven’t listened to them since I was a kid.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Can’t listen to Barnard. Does he still whine about how bad everyone in this state drives?

-J.

munchy
    NULL

I loved listening to them every morning. Now that Tom has pushed most of the crew out and replaced them with ‘Yes men’ I can’t stand it. And haven’t listened for a couple years. Turned it on a few months back for a couple minutes and had to change the channel.

The show also took a huge hit when Bryce left to take care of his Mom.

FryDog62

Bring back Little Marky Rosen

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

He reminded me of Howard Stern. Two little boys in 9th grade who never grew up.

Charles

Not live today, well I don’t think.

They played a few interviews from Dec on there.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

When they dumped Tony Lee, that pretty much did it for me. I listened for his side jokes that were mostly ignored.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I listen to the radio probably a total of 30 minutes in the morning before I start working. Half-assed morning show is my choice.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I listened for 4 hours every morning until just recently. I always flipped to 93x during commercials and just stopped changing back to KQ. It got really tired for me. I tried to give them time to let the Chucker settle in, but it just never got better.

There are other things to listen to and I think the ratings are starting to reflect that.

BTW, I heard people like The Fan, but after two shows, that didn’t do much for me. Is that worth another try?

Brotherhood 2000+16

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I religiously listen to KQRS! including the morning show. yea sometimes I’d like to punch Bernard right between the eyes at least he has the gahoonias to speak his mind.

love listening to Zep in the afternoons!!!!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Brotherhood 2000+16!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I generally like KQ except for the morning show.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

When they dumped Tony Lee, that pretty much did it for me. I listened for his side jokes that were mostly ignored.

Tony Lee was the driving force behind the “bits” that made the Morning Show what it was during the peak in the early 1990s. What KQ and Bernard forgot is it’s not the on-air people that make the show, it’s the off air prep that sets up all the truly funny stuff.

Talk With Toc, Rhythm and Wrap Up with Denny Green, The Chucker… I was regularly laughing at some of these bits for days afterward.

It was obvious that Tony Lee also was constantly trolling for sources of funny stuff. Anybody else remember Leroy Mercer and the boots are all tore up calls or the “I’m naked and thinking of you” calls? The “Take Me to Jail” recording had me laughing for days.

Show went to heck when Benard got the idea that he WAS the show.

Grouse

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mplspug wrote:</div>

Tony Lee was the driving force behind the “bits” that made the Morning Show what it was during the peak in the early 1990s. What KQ and Bernard forgot is it’s not the on-air people that make the show, it’s the off air prep that sets up all the truly funny stuff.

Talk With Toc, Rhythm and Wrap Up with Denny Green, The Chucker… I was regularly laughing at some of these bits for days afterward.

It was obvious that Tony Lee also was constantly trolling for sources of funny stuff. Anybody else remember Leroy Mercer and the boots are all tore up calls or the “I’m naked and thinking of you” calls? The “Take Me to Jail” recording had me laughing for days.

Show went to heck when Benard got the idea that he WAS the show.

Grouse

I Need a Bambulance

big_g
    Isle, MN

I heard Barnard actually does the show sober, from his home Florida now ? Anybody confirm that ?

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

Yup, Tony Lee made that show…

munchy
    NULL

I heard Barnard actually does the show sober, from his home Florida now ? Anybody confirm that ?

He did do it from his home here and maybe down there as well. I thought he changed it up though and now goes in most days.

FryDog62

“Who eez dees?”

“A pair of choppers..”

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

“No I ain’t”

KP
    Hudson, WI

X3 2000 plus 16 brotherhood!

Nick and Josh on 93X may be the best radio duo in the Twin Cities. Meg can take a hike on that show.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

generally enjoy the show for about the first 20 minutes until Bernard goes on a rant about how everyone on this planet is stupid except for him. Like to kick that guy in the nuts some days. Glad to see he went to treatment for being a wino pill popping jerk (literally what he went for treatment for – to stop drinking wine/popping pills, and having anger issues).

glenn57
    cold spring mn

It sounds like they’re live this morning. The whole crew was off last week Monday to Wednesday for “spring break”, then Tom was there Thursday and Friday. Tom did mention something on Friday about Terri trying to work some kind of deal, like she may be getting her own segment.

fordguy……..is that a sheltie in your avatar???????????

yea he sure can go off sometimes………like saying hes not a dem or rep. bull hes all republican. but I have to admit on a few sublect matters I agree with his philospy 1000%.

Ford Guy 1
    Chanhassen, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ford Guy 1 wrote:</div>

fordguy……..is that a sheltie in your avatar???????????

yea he sure can go off sometimes………like saying hes not a dem or rep. bull hes all republican. but I have to admit on a few sublect matters I agree with his philospy 1000%.

glenn, that is a Sheltie, or Princess Sophie as we call her. She’s #4 in a line of lucky Shelties that have allowed my wife and I to live in the same house with them.

I agree with your feelings on Barnard. I like his interview style, and the fact that they don’t do the typical “morning zoo” routine. But there are days when I want to reach through the radio and slap some sense into him so he quits whining!

basseyes

Funny how everyone is whining about his whining, kinda a Minnesota thing I guess. The show peaked a long, long time ago. I hadn’t listened to it in years and find it fairly disjointed now and not enjoyable to listen to other than some of the interviews. Seems like everyone is just cashing checks and they seem like they’ve been on vacation more often than not over the last couple months.

I find the common man entertaining and my kids ponder if he’s extremely mentally challenged, if not partially or mostly brain dead.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

THOUGHT SO!!!!!! waytogo we are on our second one…….spoiled rotten too!!!!!!!!

I love tom’s ability to interview! mordahl makes the show humourous. I like wednesdays with Michelle Tafoya!!!!!!

I often wonder though with people leaving the show whats going on behind the scenes. although I have heard people talking about sansevere being one of his YES men. devil and he isn’t there. I have seen where TOM adametley defends his morning crew co workers.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.