Off topic: KQRS Morning Show

• Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Funny how everyone is whining about his whining, kinda a Minnesota thing I guess. The show peaked a long, long time ago. I hadn’t listened to it in years and find it fairly disjointed now and not enjoyable to listen to other than some of the interviews. Seems like everyone is just cashing checks and they seem like they’ve been on vacation more often than not over the last couple months.

I find the common man entertaining and my kids ponder if he’s extremely mentally challenged, if not partially or mostly brain dead.

Common has parleyed the “dumb” act into a very nice life. Married, couple of kids, nice house in Woodbury and golfs when he wants to. Don’t be fooled, he knows his sports better then about anybody on that station.

basseyes
    Participant

Common’s one of the best anglers ever, but he mainly trolls and it’s very effective.

Don Miller
    Participant
    Onamia

I have not listened for over a year since I stopped driving 60 miles to work each morning. I did listen to a variety of morning radio but none provided more alone in the car, laugh out law moments than the KQ morning show.

belletaine
    Participant
    Nevis, MN

When they dumped Tony Lee, that pretty much did it for me. I listened for his side jokes that were mostly ignored.

I went to high school with Tony, he was voted best sense of humor. He’s also a very talented artist. He used to slip in references to our circle of friends which was always a lot of fun to hear. He was working at 1500 KSTP but I’m not sure if he’s still there or not.

mplspug
    Participant
    Palmetto, Florida

I went to high school with Tony, he was voted best sense of humor. He’s also a very talented artist. He used to slip in references to our circle of friends which was always a lot of fun to hear. He was working at 1500 KSTP but I’m not sure if he’s still there or not.

I worked with him and he is a really nice guy.

So I got to thinking about Stretch and found an article about him from 2012. I don’t remember if I liked him on the show, that’s a long time ago for me. But I digress. It was mentioned in the story that Bernard signed a 4 year contract, so maybe that’s one of the reasons they have been running reruns recently? Maybe Tom is using up some PTO as a bargaining tool?

In any event, reading this thread with all that has been discussed and doing a little Googling, one thing has become apparent. The Morning Show is a part of Minnesota pop culture in a big way. I probably haven’t thought about The Morning Show in 10 years, yet this post has brought back a flood of memories. I am guessing it is the same for most of us in the 40-60 year old demographic. You really start to remember a lot that you have forgotten.

One thing you can’t deny is its influence.

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

the morning show is live. listening right now. Terry is in negotiations this week. they best keep her!!!!!!!!

there game shows are cool. and awesome interviews.

I suppose all you guys that so admire the show listen to his podcast too!!!!!!!! devil peace jester

stretch left the show due to medical issues. he had sleep problems!

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

I have a mythical fifty, that stretch pissed off barnyard one too many times…. doah

Still have cassettes of the Best of The KQ Morning show, classics on there. “Yah, I been to Fargo to da hospital…. yah I’m ok… yah. Just got home last evening”….. rotflol

GlennRengo
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

“I was out choppin’ wood so I here da phone and run”

muskie-tim
    Participant
    Rush City MN

Niece – Tell me a bedtime story Coach Uncle Burnsy. Please please.

Coach Jerry – Shut up you little F’er and listen

belletaine
    Participant
    Nevis, MN

Just listened to “York mammy” & “the deer bit me in the neck” on youtube, hilarious!

basseyes
    Participant

I think it Terry was at the kq booth at the sportsman show on Friday.

Just grandma.

Francis K
    Participant
    Champlin, MN

Dykes in Beaverview.

tegg
    Participant
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

I’m also in the stopped listening camp after Tony Lee left. Remember the back masked recording skit:
    Dennis Green forwards: “No one can play like we play when we play”
    Dennis Green backwards: “I dream of John Randle in the shower”

The Clinton skits were great too:
    “Gore, you idiot! I didn’t have a zip-lock”
    “I had part of that tattoo removed. It now just reads Oh My!”

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

Heard this morning from Tommy b that Terry is in the process of getting her own time slot.

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

and that is how the band breaks up and they all disappear. coffee

puddlepounder
    Participant
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

Who was the guy that fabricated some story live on the air and sucked barnyard in on it. Then barnyard fired him and had to apologize for about a week afterwards. This was about 20 years ago or so

mplspug
    Participant
    Palmetto, Florida

The Brett Favre incident? Crazy Cabe?

nubbinbuck
    Participant

I appreciate the updates.

I have to agree with most of you. The show is a shell of what it was. I started listening around 1999, after moving to MN. The departures have really hit the show hard. And yes, the current people are there to simply nod in agreement with TB. Sad…

Losing TT is going to be the final nail in the coffin for some of the listeners, I assume. It has been coming for years, as she has simply been made to feel that her ‘contributions’ aren’t desired. She barely contributes anymore.

I haven’t really grasped the 93x show yet, perhaps I’ll have to listen more often.

puddlepounder
    Participant
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

I don’t know if Terri being a ditz is part of the show or if she really is one. Maybe a little of both? I have met her a few times at her appearance’s, and got a Polaroid of her with my crew and myself. I would be a deal breaker for me if she left the show

nubbinbuck
    Participant

I was listening at work this morning. Apparently, TT is in negotiations for her own time slot. She asked the company for this chance.

TB emphasized this several times, as he apparently has seen some of the online chatter this week. As if he hasn’t been involved in some of the other (Zep) personalities being moved to their own shows.

trophy19
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

How anyone that negative and caustic has lasted this long is beyond me… glad to see I’m not the only one that can’t/won’t listen to him.

It amazed me that Passolt would be part in the morning show team and then be the serious news anchor on TV. Hard to take him seriously with that combination.

craig s
    Participant

Bernard-fat pile of egomaniacal skin! Oh, and his skin is thin as foil, he can dish out out but watch out if you disagree with him..

FryDog62
    Participant

“Tom Bernard is a DINK!”

-Kent Hrbek circa 1992

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

for all the Bernard haters…………or fans he is celebrating 30 years on the morning show today!!!!!!!!! lots of old stories and former co-workers calling in. love him…..hate him but in that business it takes something to achieve where he is currently at!!!!

yes I think he can be a d-I-n-k now and then but he says what a lot of people think!

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

Couldn’t believe Dan Culhane called in….. that was not a pretty break-up if I remember correctly doah

FryDog62
    Participant

“yes I think he can be a d-I-n-k now and then but he says what a lot of people think!”

Dickhead
    Dickhead
    Dickhead

…check it out!!

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

I have for the last 20 plus years. he or that morning show isn’t where its at for no apparent reason. sometimes he treats his co workers like dirt and I dispise him for it but more often then not I whole heartedly agree with him.

the guy does an outstanding job supporting a ton of causes most don’t hear about. his support of law enforcement, the military and first responders is second to none……..and for that I truly admire. his tongue lashing of people on the government dole for eternity is rightly justified.

my opinion and everyone has there’s and I respect that. I just thought it was cool to hear this morning. the Dan thing must of been before I tuned in back in time!

nubbinbuck
    Participant

Looks like Terri and Zepp are back together 5-7 pm weekdays.

munchy
    Participant
    NULL

Looks like Terri and Zepp are back together 5-7 pm weekdays.

And apparently Bryce called in the day after Prince’s death to talk about it. Wish I would have heard that one.

Viewing 29 posts - 31 through 59 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.