Ocean Gate had an Catastrophic implosion

• bigcrappie
    Blaine

So said that this happened, but after reading how the sub never had the proper testing or certifications that normal subs go through why would you pay $250,000 to go down in one. Do not get me wrong it would be cool to see the Titanic.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

So said that this happened, but after reading how the sub never had the proper testing or certifications that normal subs go through why would you pay $250,000 to go down in one. Do not get me wrong it would be cool to see the Titanic.

Was the sub never rescued

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

Was the sub never rescued

They just announced a debris field was found near the Titanic.

castle-rock-clown

News hype of the day. Arms raised in air, oh the woe. This was a high risk endeavor. People die every year trying to scale Mount Everest, 10 so far this year. Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Interestingly, Josh Gates, host of Expedition Unknown, took a ride on this sub and decided against filming a dive to the Titanic because the submarine “didn’t perform well on my dive”. If you’ve watched his show, this guy isn’t afraid of taking highly questionable modes of transportation including some really questionable aircraft on his shows.

CaptainMusky

They havent recovered the bodies yet, but the sub itself imploded from the pressure. No surviving that.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

They havent recovered the bodies yet, but the sub itself imploded from the pressure. No surviving that.

Wow that is a bad way to go. If that’s the case its possible they may not ever recover any of the bodies.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Implosion better than suffocation. At least it was an instant death event.

-J.

Coletrain27

Wow that is a bad way to go. If that’s the case it’s possible they may not ever recover any of the bodies.

Why? Would of been instant death at 6000psi

BigWerm
    SW Metro

News hype of the day. Arms raised in air, oh the woe. This was a high risk endeavor. People die every year trying to scale Mount Everest, 10 so far this year. Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you.

Agreed. How many boats go missing every day/week/month? I have no idea because it’s not international news.

big_g
    Isle, MN

The pressures would have crushed them without them even knowing what happened… sad ending, but predicted by many.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

News is a for-profit industry. There’s really nothing else to say.

I remember when I visited a buddy who lived in Mammoth Lakes California and he told me that several people die each year on the mountain. Some from falls, some get lost. If that were to happen in MN it would be big news. Out there it doesn’t even make gossip.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Where most of you see nonsense, I see opportunity. Who wants in on a startup building a submarine to tour the Titan wreckage?

Too soon?

Coletrain27

Where most of you see nonsense, I see opportunity. Who wants in on a startup building a submarine to tour the Titan wreckage?

Too soon?

Want to be my business partner?

Attachments:
    1. IMG_9142.jpeg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

^^^^^^ smash smash rotflol rotflol rotflol

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

I read this on this site and I don’t remember who coined it so I cannot give him his dues but I laugh every time I think of it. I think it applies to this situation.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I read this on this site and I don’t remember who coined it so I cannot give him his dues but I laugh every time I think of it. I think it applies to this situation.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

That would be Jon Jordan… since he coined it, I use it often. waytogo

Jimmy Jones

The sick part of this is that the kid did not want to go. Everyone on this voyage was wealthy, so I guess money can’t buy brains or common sense.

ThunderLund78

And the stepson of one of the guys is getting roasted on Twitter (which I don’t use, but read about) for going to a Blink 182 concert during the search “to cope.” Not to make light of any of this, but can’t help but laugh at the absurdity. This is a world we’re never know.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

What if wealthy billionaires wanted to fake their own death and sink the evidence down in this metal tube to be destroyed so nothing is ever found?

We do conspiracy here right?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

And the stepson of one of the guys is getting roasted on Twitter (which I don’t use, but read about) for going to a Blink 182 concert during the search “to cope.” Not to make light of any of this, but can’t help but laugh at the absurdity. This is a world we’re never know.

Step son probably didn’t like step dad. I guess that’s why people should mind there own business.

jimmysiewert

I can walk down to the beer tent in Lake City tonight and count dozens of boats that cost well over $250k – which each paid to go on this exploration event. All you whiners complaining about people spending $250k to fulfill a dream should stay in your lane, look around what you have in your garage and house, then reflect that sadly people that’s Crap stinks just as bad as yours – lost their lives and their families are grieving.

FinnyDinDin

The memes coming out of this event have been gold.

jwellsy

The media has played everyone this whole past week. The Navy heard the implosion on Sunday and the pieces hitting the ocean floor. They notified the pentagon and the white house who chose to sit on it and let the misinformation run it’s course.

Ripjiggen

Not sure what media you are talking about but that info has been out since the beginning. You still have to confirm a noise you heard underwater.
    It could have been a large fish fart they heard.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

The media has played everyone this whole past week. The Navy heard the implosion on Sunday and the pieces hitting the ocean floor. They notified the pentagon and the white house who chose to sit on it and let the misinformation run it’s course.

Ever think that navy intelligence might be classified information?

LabDaddy1

No disrespect to JJ here, but y’all really thought the phrase “stupid games, stupid prizes” was coined on this site? And I thought the rock I grew up under was small.. guess it wasn’t the smallest.

And as far as the men who signed up for this—save for the 19 yo Pakistani kid, who is technically an adult but may have been persuaded by his father—they should have and most likely did know what kind of risks they were taking. It doesn’t mean taxpayers should foot the search and rescue bill though. In fact, they should sign a disclaimer absolving S&R personnel and military from that duty.

I had this whole thing written out and it didn’t post so had to redo it. Site is aggravating as hell at times. Either way, we all have opinions and they all smell like you-know-what, including mine. Taking a page out of DB’s book.

Reef W

Not sure what media you are talking about but that info has been out since the beginning. You still have to confirm a noise you heard underwater.
    It could have been a large fish fart they heard.

Not even really a joke, something like that happened with the San Juan:

The Argentine Navy later reported that sonar systems on two of its ships and sonar buoys dropped by a US P-8A Poseidon aircraft detected noises possibly coming from San Juan; a senior United States Navy officer told CNN that this sounded like banging on the hull in order to alert passing ships; later analysis of the audio determined that the sound “did not correspond to a submarine”, and was probably of biological origin.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.