• scottsteil
    Central MN

We fished Oahe out of Spring Creek last Saturday and it was HOT and CALM. Certainly not ideal weather for fishing walleye, but we managed to get some fish despite. We started the day working shallow flats in 16-18 FOW and were able to get enough fish for supper. Most of the fish we caught were nice 16-18 inch fish. With Supper for the night taken care of we tried to establish a trolling bite…which was not going to be! We tried, and tried and tried, but finally ended up going back to rigging crawlers. We kept 5 more fish on the day and called it a day.

Friday night there were some very strong storms with lighning and hail, which didn’t help the situation at all. But, not to many lakes will you say you got two limits of fish and the bite was a bit off.LOL

A big thanks to Sean and Spring Creek for putting up with us for the weekend. Great accomidations!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Wind always seemed to be the key on Oahe, stirring up those mud lines you know. Although the second biggest fish I ever saw caught there was on a day when it would have been better to ski than fish. Glass calm and 100 + degrees. Don’t see many glassy days on Oahe.

Thanks for sharing Scott!!!

I’m heading to Watertown tonight for work, I don’t think I’m going to get time to fish is the problem.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.