Nw angle sleepers

• Mike
    Eyota MN

Considering a trip the the angle next ice season. Wondering if anyone has done it. Angle outpost looks pretty legit. A resort with lodging isn’t out of the question either. Open to any suggestions.

FinnyDinDin

Most of the houses up there are not sleepers. Most resorts run you in and out on bombers to day houses and you stay in cabins on shore. I have done that a few times and also gone up and stayed at young’s bay resort cabins and fished with snowmobiles and portables. We went early one year on snowmobiles before any of the resorts had houses out and absolutely hammered the fish. The sundown shallow bite was a fish as fast as you could get the line down. I’d go December or January if you can. Fishing is usually better up there than the south side.

Mike
    Eyota MN

We were kinda looking into either sunset lodge or a sleeper out of angle outpost. It looks like the same guys take people out of young’s bay and angle outpost. According to their websites.

FinnyDinDin

If I did a sleeper up there I’d ask to be in a shallow house like 10-15 feet on a reef and bring sleds and fish 20-30 feet during midday. The shallow water is dead in the middle of the day but hot at low light and vice versa.

Mike
    Eyota MN

Appreciate the info ! Thanks. We don’t have snowmobiles or anything so we can’t be too mobile.

FinnyDinDin

Depending on where they set up you may be able to just slide off the reef on foot with portables and get deep. Some or the resorts are weird about you drilling outside close to the house though so maybe something to ask the resort you are going with.

Mike
    Eyota MN

Has anyone done the lake of the woods passenger services ? I have a dui 10 years ago this April and I can’t seem to get a straight answer or much info on the boarder crossing headaches. Lake of the woods passenger offers bomber rides right to the sleeper. Seems pretty legit.

Tlazer

Sent you a PM.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.