Not saying I’m gonna do it

• Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

But, if you could hook up the boat and drive south until you hit open water and at least 65 degrees, where would you go? Just to catch fish, any fish. This weather and the extended forecast has me kinda restless!

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

East for me. The river is open and not far away. But it is a little colder than 65.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I am enjoying the weather lately, besides the rain. And I’ve had my boat hooked up and out all weekend. Walleye fishing was OK, then came home and ice fished with good success. So I’d say I’m happy to stay around and keep doing the boat and ice mix

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

I’ve been able to scratch the itch on the ice, but definitely ready for some warmer weather.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ve been able to scratch the itch on the ice, but definitely ready for some warmer weather.

The older I get the more I can’t stand the heat. But 55 to 70 does sound beautiful

ThunderLund78

If Im going far enough to hit mid-60s, I’m going ’til I hit salt water. Do some back country kayak fishing.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Absolutely. I was going to hit the trout streams yesterday morning but one of the kids got sick. I’m ready to start casting.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Anywhere with good bass fishing.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

It was 44 in AZ yesterday.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Looks like a person would have to head SE for the temps I’m looking for. Might be a few weeks before 60’s are within reasonable driving distance.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I am enjoying the weather lately, besides the rain. And I’ve had my boat hooked up and out all weekend. Walleye fishing was OK, then came home and ice fished with good success. So I’d say I’m happy to stay around and keep doing the boat and ice mix

were you the type of kid that teachers just hated cause you couldnt sit still in a classroom? good god man i dont know where you find the energy to work a full day and then go fishing 300+ days a year. props to you for putting in that kind of effort. only live once waytogo

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

If it was me I would head to Table Rock Lake or Bull Shoals. Looks like the weather there is going to be in the Upper 50’s to low 60’s this next weekend. Myself and Several members of my old Bass club use to take a trip to Table Rock lake in late Feb. or early March for many years. It was a great way to get away from this cold weather and get in some quality fishing on open water. Those spotted bass in Table Rock fight like crazy. A 2lb. spotted bass will fight as hard as a 4Lb. largemouth around here. Also some great crappie fishing in the area as added bonus.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.