Northwest Sports Show- Super Thursday

• brandmoney

Haven’t been to the good ole Minneapolis Sports Show since 2019, and remembered that most fishing gear was marked down by 20% for the weekend. Was talking to a buddy who swears by going on the opening Thursday of the show (super Thursday) because everything was at an obnoxious discount, often exceeding 30-40%. Anybody have any experience with that?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Pretty sure your buddy be wrong.
    In a climate where you can’t find anything on time getting 30-40% off just doesn’t seem feasible.
    There will be a deal or two but not that good.

Ripjiggen

Will let you know after my sport show meeting with Pure Fishing, but I don’t see that kind of discount happening.

phishingruven
    tip of the mitten

do your homework on what you want to buy. sometimes it’s a little more expensive at the trade shows.

AK Guy

As a long time vendor (not the last 4 years), about the only time I would see any steep discounts was on move out day. For vendors who don’t want to haul a lot of product back, show up at 4pm on a Sunday and make an offer.

Ripjiggen

^^^agree and I don’t think there will be any dumping of product.

B-man

As a long time vendor (not the last 4 years), about the only time I would see any steep discounts was on move out day. For vendors who don’t want to haul a lot of product back, show up at 4pm on a Sunday and make an offer.

^^^^This

Any screaming deals will be had in the last hours of the last day.

They aren’t going to clear out inventory at greatly reduced rates before the hoards arrive and will be happy to get a 10-20% discount.

The upside of going before the weekend is not tripping over people left and right.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.