Northern batteries

• beardly
    Hastings, Mn

Anybody run Northern batteries? I am going to put new batteries in my boat and their store is located near my work. Much more convenient than an Interstate store. However I want good batteries.

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

I have used them 1st time on 2nd year now no complaints

beardly
    Hastings, Mn

Thanks for the feedback. They must not be terribly popular.

Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

I bought two two years ago for my trolling motor. So far so good.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

That’s what the dealer put in my 2020 1875 Pro Guide. Time will tell.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Our 2016 Alumacraft came with a Northern starting battery. So far, so good. Runs all accessories as well, including 2 Helix 7’s. I top off the charge after each outing.

mojogunter

Rapid Marine sells a lot of them. I have had several over the years, and they have been better than the interstate batteries I have had.

jrholz

My 2014 boat came with Northern Batteries. I Just replaced them this year and stuck with the Northerns. I thought 6 years out of them was pretty good. Fished all day Sunday on Mille Lacs with the wind and never ran out of Battery. They get my 100% approval. Bought them off Amazon free shipping.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

I believe they are made by Johnson Controls so they are essentially the same as an Interstate or Die Hard, also Optima batteries are from the same family. Interstate batteries actually could be either a Johnson or Exide depending on model and where you buy it.

There are only two manufacturers who produce the vast majority of batteries here in the usa.
    Johnson Controls Inc. and Exide Technologies Inc.

beardly
    Hastings, Mn

Looks like I will give them a go! Appreciate it!

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

My 2014 boat came with Northern Batteries. I Just replaced them this year and stuck with the Northerns. I thought 6 years out of them was pretty good. Fished all day Sunday on Mille Lacs with the wind and never ran out of Battery. They get my 100% approval. Bought them off Amazon free shipping.

what you have posted here is a Northstar battery. Is this the same as the Northern Battery he is asking about? The Nortstar AGM batteries are some of the best. You pay for it too. Virgin lead not recycled lead. Brass terminals. Have 4 of them in my boat.

milemark_714

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jrholz wrote:</div>

what you have posted here is a Northstar battery. Is this the same as the Northern Battery he is asking about? The Nortstar AGM batteries are some of the best. You pay for it too. Virgin lead not recycled lead. Brass terminals. Have 4 of them in my boat.

Those are not the same.Northern is a re-stickered JC product,and NorthStar makes their own.Probably the best AGM battery you can get,and Odyssey as second.Would not even consider Optima these days.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.