Non-marcum underwater cameras

• beardly
    Hastings, Mn

I’ve looked at some older threads and it seems like Marcum cameras were pretty favored for picture clarity etc. I’ve been plagued with every Marcum item I’ve owned having to be sent in for repairs (and now with something they wont repair). I’ve moved on from their flashers/graphs and now going away from cameras.

Has this changed with any of the other manufacturer’s now? Vexilar only has one model and aqua-vue has a few. Any body have recommendations on other decent underwater cameras? Doesn’t have to be anything super high end. I use it to find bottom transitions in the winter and some kid use in the hard house.

michael keehr

I have had no issues whatsoever with my 2 aqua views I have one small pocket one and a larger one we hook up to the TV. The one we hook up to the TV was soso until we bought a different cable for it I think the cable it came with was a low resolution cable. Now it seems to be pretty clear

Umy
    South Metro

Just got my 4 year old Aqua view off this site this fall. 715c I think?
    $399 new. Like watching an aquarium. Had it out yesterday in 11-20 feet of water – amazing. Couldn’t get better as far as I’m concerned. Only used it the once though so no longevity advice. FRIGGIN cool with GREAT clarity.

Umy
    South Metro

Doesn’t really do it justice but you get the idea. Looks way crisper than this.

Attachments:
    1. B15B0199-6F0A-49B4-A69D-DC6CE7A85B51.jpeg

Umy
    South Metro

Previous picture-
    Lower Prior lake Dec 30
    11 FOW around 1 pm
    Off Shady Beach landing 250 yards out by the rock ledge on the West side of the little island.
    7” of ice.
    Would not bite ANYTHING.
    Little bitty spoons, jig heads, plastics, wax worm, minnows, no jig, slow jig, rapid jig. Just would NOT BITE but lots of fun to watch.

Gregg Gunter

That’s some clear water! That’s the key to a camera. Drove me crazy looking at the lookers. That’s why sonar is king right now. I’m waiting for the future when live sonar is like a camera. I’m assuming that the Navy has something approaching that! Which is cool because someday we’ll get it. Remember how GPS was at first? You might end up in the neighbor’s driveway!

troutbum
    St. Paul

Im on year 5 with my aqua vu micro revolution. Had to replace the battery this week. Would recommend this product. Perfect for checking weed lines quickly

Charles

AquaVu 715c, I use mine a lot in the summer time when trying identify what rocks/gravel are below me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.