NO EGGS TO CANADA

• Chad Thompson
    2 hours from Thunder Bay, Ontario

John Meyers from the Duluth New Tribune just wrote the below

“Any raw poultry and all poultry products that originate from those five states, including raw eggs and even pet food with poultry, are now illegal to bring into Canada.”

I haven’t checked into it yet, but it sounds legit. It’s a pretty common practice with there is an outbreak of something. Sounds like in the case influenza was found in some commercial poultry stock???

Remember too, you should always purchase “factory packaged” goods when bringing groceries to Canada. Things like potatoes, onions, vegetables

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

I’m guessing that it has to do with the H5N2 highly pathogenic avian influenza that has been found in certain areas. It is kind of surprising about the ban because it has been found in Canada already. Has to do with migratory birds like ducks and geese. The closest infected area to Wisconsin is a turkey flock in Pope County, Minnesota. Poultry growers have a legitimate worry with this bird flu because it calls for the complete destruction of the infected flock. In some instances that could break a company. Our annual growers meeting has been postponed because of this outbreak so close us. If someone had been exposed to this flu virus and came to the meeting, it is so infectious it could be transferred to the entire company.

jagermeister
    NW Ontario

IT is legit I live near the Rainy-Baudette border and there is a sign at customs as well as in the groc stores. Customs officers will ask if you have poultry products during the inspection as well.

Chad Thompson
    2 hours from Thunder Bay, Ontario

Please remember not to bring poultry or eggs. We’ve all ready had several guests have their food confiscated at the border. In Canada we say don’t feed the Bears. I say don’t feed the border guards!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.