Night time crappie baits

• ScottSchreiber
    NULL

Got talked into a potential after dark crappie outing, id say medium water clarity and will be fishing 15 footish. Plan on a deadstick n minnow rig next to the jigging hole, looking for ideas on what to fish with below the marcum on the jigging rod.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

A glow demon on the minnow rig and whatever glow spoon or glow jig you want.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

We use Tip Downs with a minnow. You can also put an HT Omni Lite on the Tip Down.

For jigging I like to use either a glow jig or a small rattle spoon.

But usually we just set out 3 Tip Downs each and do not jig.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Pink or Red glow.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Glow buck shot spoon small size. tip with 1 minnow head

tim hurley

Glow can be a trigger or not-I would not assume they need the glow to find your lure especially if it is a rippin rap. Good Luck, sounds fun.

ScottSchreiber
    NULL

Tks all, randy how are you working the the rippin rap? Aggressive until you mark them and then gentle upwards moves?

milemark_714

Some lakes like glow green or white,some like red or orange.

With the rippin raps,just lift and lower them with slight shakes.A lot of guys over work them and give up.

I fished crappies at night in clear water,those fish liked the glow white or green.Never tried blue though.Bring the jig up,and let it slowly fall.Watch the locator to see how they react.Night fishing can be a blast,or a bust.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.