Night driving

• Deuces

Anyone use glasses at night when driving, what’s the best you’ve found? Tac, yellow tinted, etc. These new headlights are killing me.

Brad Dimond

I use my wife. With my vision there is no point in driving at night.

sji

HID is far worse than LED. Have tried a few different shades but the only thing I’ve found that’s 100 percent effective is a ball peen hammer.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I have tried a couple of different cheap ones and they didn’t help that much at night but did help at low light.

Ice Cap

I had the cataracts removed last spring which solved the majority of my night driving vision problems but some of these headlights are still annoying as heck. I avert my eyes to the right side of the road as they get close until they finally go by.

At least now they are merely annoying before they were darn near blinding!

elk_addict
    Northern IA/Lincoln Lakes Area

I have been wearing yellow tinted shooting glasses, when driving up to the cabin on Friday nights. I find that it makes a huge difference with glare, at least for me. I got sick and tired of all the headlights behind and coming at me, on Highway 10. I see considerably better and my eyes feel much better by the end of the drive.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

I had the cataracts removed last spring which solved the majority of my night driving vision problems but some of these headlights are still annoying as heck. I avert my eyes to the right side of the road as they get close until they finally go by.

At least now they are merely annoying before they were darn near blinding!

I had the same done, and when it rains at night it is PITA driving

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I have been wearing yellow tinted shooting glasses

X2, they do help. Especially when raining.

-J.

Deuces

Nice, I have a pair of the yellows, will try em out.

al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

X3 on the yellow tinted glasses. Tried a couple others, but just keep going back to the yellow shooting glasses.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Hmmm! This affects many of us so rather than put up with it and look for remedies call ones legislator. I’ve done that with no response. The more the merrier as they say.

Love to pe off those people and slow down when they tailgate and cant pass. Tinted rear window and self adjusting rear view mirror and side mirrors do wonders with the asphalt behind me. The judge helps my confidence if you know what I mean.

Deuces

Hmmm! This affects many of us so rather than put up with it and look for remedies call ones legislator. I’ve done that with no response. The more the merrier as they say.

Good idea. But all the street signs and street lights get bright to for me.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>1hl&sinker wrote:</div>

Good idea. But all the street signs and street lights get bright to for me.

Yonkers, that’s a tough one. Those snowplows must be a nightmare

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I use my wife. With my vision there is no point in driving at night.

jester

HID is far worse than LED. Have tried a few different shades but the only thing I’ve found that’s 100 percent effective is a ball peen hammer.

rotflol rotflol

I like the way you guys think! toast

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

I admit I’ve been wearing my polarized prescription. Helps a lot, but I see less of human silhouette…so I limit it to highway night driving only.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

X4 of the yellow tinted glasses!! waytogo

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I have a pair of yellow Herter’s glasses that I got in the early 1970’s for trap shooting at night. Wonderful for driving at night. These are real glass lenses ad I haven’t found anything that can scratch them, unlike today’s plastic lensed glasses.

Leo Dogg

My problem – fog lights are almost as bright as meeting high beams. I’m not sure why they are used on clear nights.

sji

My problem – fog lights are almost as bright as meeting high beams. I’m not sure why they are used on clear nights.

They believe it looks cool. Most data I’ve seen shows you can’t see better or father with HID or LED.

JEREMY
    BP

If you cant beat em join em. Buy a new truck with bright arse lights and let people hate you.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Fog lights, at least on my truck, help you see the ditch much better, so they are better to avoid critters crossing the road. It’s not about looking cool for me, it’s about not hitting critters.

sji

Then yours are adjusted correctly. Fog lights should be directed downward towards the road to see in the fog. Tricked out trucks around my area the point them up at oncoming traffic.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.