Newbie here. . Am I the only one. . . .

• Timo i

On the other side of the pond? (Finland)
    Tight lines to all.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Welcome! I know that there are a number of members that travel abroad for work, myself included, but I don’t know for a fact if there are any that have called overseas home.

What do you like to fish for in Finland? I believe you have a fish that resembles our Walleye.

FDR

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Tervetuloa.

It’s the only Finnish word I know.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Welcome Timo!

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Didn’t you guys invent the Rapala?

NowthenJoe

Hey Timo,

I would love to get over to Finland sometime. It looks like a beautiful country. I have some Finn in my blood and have a lot of family/friends that have Finn heredity as well.

Welcome to the forum.

If you are ever in the states, stop on by for a hot sauna. Got a wood burning sauna in the backyard that is on twice a week!

-Joe

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

Welcome. I’m not Finn myself (mostly Kraut) but my wife is. Half of her uncles and aunts on both sides were born in Finland although her parents were born here in the States. Finn was the families first language until her generation. Her family came from Kuusamo.

Paul Delaney

Welcome to the IDO website here you will be very welcomed and experience a large group of top notch members and professionals willing to answer any questions you may have or just willing to talk fishing. Thanks for venturing to the IDO website and tite lines and good fishing.

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Terve! My grandfather was from Finland near Vaasa (Laihia I think). Have relatives in Turku.

AaronMoore

No sir, I myself come from this little place called England. No ice fishing there, but I can thank my father-in-law for my love of this type of fishing. BTW welcome

deertracker

One would have to assume you play hockey then correct? -)
    DT

jonbodin
    Plymouth, MN

Hi Timo!

My Mother was born & raised in Hamina! Welcome to IDO. Minnesota is definitely Finn country!

Jon

Timo i

FDR. Perch mostly, our walleye is called KUHA it seems to be the same, looks and tastes the same…..but having major troble catching them at night. That was my 1st post here in IDO in the forum
    Eyechaser. Damn cool name for a guide service
    Steve Root. Flyn’ over here is ohmyGodpinchmeamidreaming. . . .
    Buzz. Yep one hour north of us in Lahti is where it all happened. The island where the cabin sits is on the best perch flat in Finland. What a testing ground!!!
    Joe.you got it bud fire it up!!!
    And to the rest thanks
    And tight lines all

Timo i

Deer tracker. LOL goalie

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.