New Wheelhouse Owner

• waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Hi all,

My wife and I were fortunate enough to purchase our first ice house a couple weeks ago, a very lightly use 2014 8×16 Grey Wolf. Even though I have fished out of them quite a bit, this is my first time owning one. We will be using it quite a bit during the summer camping at the lake as well, so I will have all summer to stock up and organize for the winter season.

However, I do have a couple questions. Aside from greasing the axles, keeping tires filled, etc. what do you guys do to in terms of maintenance? Also, what type of fan does everyone prefer to maintain airflow during the winter? Lastly, what are some more…”off the wall” ideas in terms of gear to keep in there that one might not think of right away?

Thanks for any input! I’m looking forward to being able to use it this coming ice season!

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

02 cool Mine can be wired to 12v or 110v, they make a few different models.

jgross
    Northeast SD

Hi Waldo, as far as fans go, check this link out, I installed 2 of these in my Yetti and love them. https://www.amazon.com/Caframo-Bora-12V-Marine-Speed/dp/B00S15WGAI

-For maintenance, you have most everything covered! if you don’t have a battery master switch I would recommend installing one. When you wrote greasing axles did you mean pivots or wheel bearings, you will also want to make sure the preload and grease look good on the hubs. Check lug nuts. I also cover up the heater vent (unless you use it occasionally) in the summer to keep pest out.

A few things I always bring with: -Fans, -hole sleeves (incase the lake doesn’t have much snow to bank the outside) -Fire extinguisher -shovel -first aid kit -Spare tire -Tool kit and Extra Fuses

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.