New/Used Toy – Polaris Sportsman

• bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Finally pulled the trigger on a used 4 wheeler this past weekend. Bought if from a buddy up at the cabin. It is a 2005 Polaris Sportsman 500. He takes good care of his stuff. It has a winch and plow. I’m looking forward to using it for early/late ice as well as up at our hunting property. Kind of crazy with the prices you see people asking for these. Prices range from 1500 – 4500. Not sure who would pay 4000+ for a 17 year old 4 wheeler. Now I need to buy a trailer to haul it with.

Attachments:
    1. 4-wheeler-1.jpg

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Not sure who would pay 4000+ for a 17 year old 4 wheeler.

Agreed, but I don’t bother telling these people. Just ignore their posts and move on. I understand when something has very few miles and has been a garage queen that it commends a higher price but when I see 10 year old wheelers listed within 25% of brand new I just shake my head. You know they haven’t been maintained (why bother I never rode it!). Picked up a 2002 Bombardier Traxter for my dad a few years ago, it had 500 miles on the clock and the price was set to move it. Well, good thing we didn’t over pay, I ended up having to put in all new fuel lines, fuel tank grommets, everything that touches fuel thanks to good old ethanol gas and the machine not being used!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Garage queens are usually a rougher machine then something that’s been used all its life.
    I was at tousled yesterday talking about trading in a dirt bike. They have a 2000 banshee on the floor they want 7k for. Lol I couldn’t believe it. I wouldn’t pay 3500 for it.

John Timm

I have a friend that wants $2500 for a 1985 Honda 125 m 3 wheeler!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Nice wheeler! If they still sell booze in Hudson we should catch up sometime.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Nice wheeler! If they still sell booze in Hudson we should catch up sometime.

Thanks Mike. I’m still not sure why I waited so long to buy one. The Croix GTG is just around the corner too.

robby
    Quad Cities

I have a 2015 Sportsman 570. I purchased it used, have taken care of it as directed. Time for a new battery. I am almost…ready for it’s 100 hour maintenance. lol. It does not get used much, but it runs great and works as expected. I have put more hours/miles on it than the previous owner. Around here we cannot legally ride them hardly anywhere. Private ground, unless actively used in agriculture, and have to tow to there. That should explain it. Have done some trail riding in the U.P. a couple times. That would account for the bulk of the time and miles. It is a good machine. They opened up some of the country roads around here to SxSs, but not 4 Wheelers. Complete BS. Illinois sucks eggs. Just as you all have heard. Once in a blue Moon I chance it and just go for a ride on the county roads, but if they want to pinch me they can. So I do not do this often.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have a friend that wants $2500 for a 1985 Honda 125 m 3 wheeler!

That’s pretty typical for a good shape 3 wheeler. I sold my 200x for 2800 a month ago. You can also find them all over for a grand. But they are junked

404 ERROR
    MN

Used prices are crazy. I sold a 20 year old Kawasaki a few weeks ago for just under 3K…It sold in less than a week.

That machine should give you years of enjoyment. That’s right about the time all the goofy issues were mostly resolved. Not speed queen, but it’ll just keep ticking. Literally lol

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.