New travel cover; w/wo TM cover

• Greg D

Needing a new travel cover for the spring.
    I’ve had great success with a business in Fergus Falls that has the pattern for all LUND boats. I used to travel with my Powerdrive sitting on the floor of my 1675 Explorer.
    Now with the much larger and heavier Ulterra, I think I’d prefer to travel with the Ulterra in place with an attached custom cover built for the trolling motor.
    Good idea? Pros/Cons, concerns?
    Or should I just get a regular boat cover and install the TM when I get to the launch.

I prefer to travel with a cover 98% of the time.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Get a travel cover with trolling motor covered. If you have a cover just bring the boat over to the shop and they can add a cover for the trolling motor. No way would I wrestle with a Ulterra.

Umy
    South Metro

I can only say I have a Terrova and ALLWAYS take it off when not using the boat. It stores in my pickup bed on a sliding drawer I made with a padded base for the base of the unit and the head. ALWAYS travel with my cover on too ( especially since my windshield was broken.
    Not that big a deal to me but maybe when I get older. It is stored in a facility with a fence w barbed wire, lights, cameras and a key fob to get into but I figure “why advertise”?

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Have a custom cover made, I used Canvas Craft to make mine and have been super happy with them.

Ripjiggen

Never taken my trolling motor off my ranger. Use the cover that is made to go over the TM when wet or storing. PITA to do it the other way IMO.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Have a custom cover made, I used Canvas Craft to make mine and have been super happy with them.

My parents used them for a custom cover on their Warrior too. Now the whole cover fits over the bow mount, stern mount vantage, and wave wackers. The cover even goes over the outboard too.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>John Rasmussen wrote:</div>

My parents used them for a custom cover on their Warrior too. Now the whole cover fits over the bow mount, stern mount vantage, and wave wackers. The cover even goes over the outboard too.

Yep set up that way with mine also.

Browndog
    Omaha, NE

If you don’t have it already, put your trolling motor on a locking quick release plate. You need to unlock the lock on the plate in order to remove the motor and the plate is hooked onto the boat. Good theft protection. I will never have another boat without a cover that encompasses my TM.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.