New to me ice castle jigger , that I haven't used it.

• catmando
    wis

Just hooked up the camera and TV. Life is good yay . Iam not the handiest guy. Lol.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20200108_115341.jpg

Ice Cap

How big are those and is there a drop down bunk in it?

eyeguy507
    SE MN

technology good!!!!!!pretty soon you’ll be firesticking, mirroring and chromecasting!

catmando
    wis

6.5 by 8 with v nose couch folds down to a bed, lights everywhere, 2 burner stove. perfect one or two-man shack am thinkin, and a furnace will cook you out. Hey I got me a Roku, took me awhile but I conquered it

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

technology good!!!!!!pretty soon you’ll be firesticking, mirroring and chromecasting!

Don’t forget slinging. I’m betting he’s a slinger.

catmando
    wis

Nope I spend the big. $$ it’s U Tube TV for this guy!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

i like the design of that fish house. let me know how it fishes when you get her out

catmando
    wis

i like the design of that fish house. let me know how it fishes when you get her out

. Will do, I know iam going to like it, it’s light and not to big to make it a hassle.

Doug M
    SE SD

I also love this layout. Only thing I don’t know about is how far the holes are from where you sit.

catmando
    wis

the couch is against one wall I have 4 holes against the other, perfect distance if you’re not using a shorty stick,

Doug M
    SE SD

the couch is against one wall I have 4 holes against the other, perfect distance if you’re not using a shorty stick,

yeah, you are right it would work good for that. For the kids who like to watch a bobber with one eye and paw patrol with the other, I don’t see anyone being able to see the holes. Prolly fix that with another chair or possibly another hole or two closer to the couch.

catmando
    wis

Or you could put a pillow behind their backs against the sofa, to get them a closer, it’s a thought.

Doug M
    SE SD

Looks like enough room for one of those kids Wal-Mart chairs between couch and the hole? They always seem to have to be right in front of tv anyway….

catmando
    wis

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>catmando wrote:</div>

yeah, you are right it would work good for that. For the kids who like to watch a bobber with one eye and paw patrol with the other, I don’t see anyone being able to see the holes. Prolly fix that with another chair or possibly another hole or two closer to the couch.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>catmando wrote:</div>

. Just measured the distance from the center of the hole to the edge or the couch it’s 30 inches. DK.

Doug M
    SE SD

And just like that I am searching the web for little jiggers!

SW Eyes

Very nice.

I personally don’t have the set up, but I have a friend who has 2 very large TVs mounted, one for the underwater camera and one for the TV. It’s phenomenal.

Nothing better than ice fishing while having a few barley pops and watching a Vikings game (my buddy was actually unhooking a decent walleye while Rudolph caught his TD in OT on Sunday). Sitting on a lake during March Madness bball is also tough to beat.

What a time to be alive.

Ice Cap

Add Hockey Day in Minnesota too that. Hockey for almost 14 hours straight. We had it on in our house one year up on Red. We were a popular house that day. Seemed like everyone for 4 houses either side of us were stopping by to “see how we were doing” and then somehow hung around for a hour or 3!

Doug M
    SE SD

Sports on tv, a few beers and reeling in a fish here and
    and there—to me I don’t know if it gets much better than that!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

And just like that I am searching the web for little jiggers!

Bullcans has a Scout (2′ longer) for sale in the classifieds. Looks like some nice extras.
    He’s a Cowboy fan but I assume it’s in very good shape nonetheless.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

“He’s a Cowboy fan but I assume it’s in very good shape nonetheless”
    Thanks for the reminder Scott doah
    Yea the fish house has been used about as many times as the Cowboys have been to the playoffs since 2016 bawling

catmando
    wis

Here’s a couple pic of a early jigger.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20200113_134638.jpg

2. IMG_20200113_134834.jpg

3. IMG_20200113_134746.jpg

Ryan Overson

I bought a new Little Jigger last year on MLK Jr. Day. Due to snows in mid-February, I was only able to get out for a few weekends, but still no overnights yet.

Several years ago I was looking at the Grandpa’s Hideout, then the Honey Hole. I think the Little Jigger back then didn’t have a ‘V’ nose front. Regardless, I was looking at the 8′ and 10′ models and didn’t want to spend near or over $10,000.

When I was younger I had a 4’x8′ permy that had a similar layout as the Jigger, sofa/bunk along one wall w/heater, and two holes along the other wall.

Her’s my opinions, I don’t care for the sofa/bunk at the back and the counter/stove island along the side. However, for the Honey Hole, I do like the counter/stove and TV hookups at the ‘V’. I also prefer cabinets instead of another bunk, since I tend to fish alone and don’t intend for visitors/friends to spend the night.

I sat in the Little Jigger a few years ago at the Ice Fishing show and immediately fell in love with the interior design. The storage under the armrests is also a really need idea. I also like all of the cabinetry for storage.

There’s a couple cons for me; one, it can be a bit cramped, with more than two people. I brought it to a Friends and Family Fishing Contest last year, and of course, everyone wanted to check out my new digs. We were fishing for northerns and my back corner hole has a rattle reel mounted to the ceiling. Since I had a tip-up outside, I was using one of the center holes with my underwater camera. At times there was several people in it, and obviously, standing room only, but the only place to stand was near or on top of the holes. Two, I wish there was one more window or two. It would be nice to have another one of the small narrow windows along the same wall near the back and another horizontal one along the sofa wall. I’m a big northern fisherman since I also live in Western WI, I can use 3 lines, and always like having a tip-up or two outside.

One last thing, it’s not a con really, because Ice Castle doesn’t have any other options, but there was a competitor at the Ice Fishing show this year, they had a similar size house with the same layout, but their sofa had the recliners on the end and a flip down table top in the center, but could still seat 3 with it flipped up. I think I could actually fall asleep easier in the reclining position.

To this date, I haven’t seen a comparable sized house with a better layout, without adding customizations. I love this little house – hopefully will get some driveable ice soon.

Ryan Overson

To answer the question about hole spacing, the house is 8′ from back to just in front of the ‘V’, so the two end holes are roughly 7′ apart, center-to-center, I believe.

catmando
    wis

I fish alone 95% of the time. I think it’s a perfect one ,two-man shack, and taking the grandkids out if they wish. I drove the truck out on the ice tonight after this cold spell I’m thinking I can get it out. DK.

Ice Cap

Are there any of these smaller houses out there that are 8′ wide? 6 and a half just gets the walls closing in feeling for me after a little while.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Are there any of these smaller houses out there that are 8′ wide? 6 and a half just gets the walls closing in feeling for me after a little while.

I know Ice Castle does custom builds, I’m sure most do. I don’t think that size is a standard model.

Ryan Overson

I think the wheel wells on a short house would be rather intrusive and would take up most of the wall anyways, you wouldn’t gain much in floor space for hole spacing either. It would look really awkward inside.

catmando
    wis

The wheels are on the outside of the shack. DK.

Ryan Overson

This was in reference to an 8′ wide house.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.