New Tillers

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Hodag Hunter wrote:</div>
    If you typically drive 5 minutes across the lake a tiller is great.
    If you typically drive 56 minutes up the lake picking bugs from your teeth you will wish you had the single windshield.
    I typically drive 5 minutes across the lake and I’m glad I got the chose the Classic CS.

Meh, I’ve never had an issue and never wished I had a windshield.

I regularly make 25-30 minute runs at 40+mph and never had a problem with bugs. I’ve also made those same runs in Oct and Nov when it’s in the 30s and still wouldn’t change a thing. To each their own.

I’m in the same boat. I’d rather run a tiller until those nasty cold days on rainy when it’s 5 degrees and windy. That’s the only time I like the windshield.

tim hurley

Bugs?
    You just need a stout partner in the front!

Ike Sell

I’ve had several side consoles, and 3 tillers. The tillers win in my book. Never had a full windshield but fished out of several. I’ll trade off the added comfort for the fish ability of a tiller. Currently in a 185 Competitor with a 90 Suzuki. I just looked again at a 205 this spring as prices appear to have fallen quite a bit. Nice but just too much for me size wise. I’m in my 70’s and fish alone sometimes. The 185 is perfect. Also fish LOTWs with 2 other old duffers in the boat… everyone’s very happy. If I replace it in a few years, I’d buy exactly the same.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

Never had a full windshield but fished out of several. I’ll trade off the added comfort for the fish ability of a tiller.

My old man has a 186 Fishhunter, and I can’t stand fishing out of the thing. Maybe because I’m so used to a tiller, but it just seems so unorthodox.

It’s funny, I see all kinds of guys driving their Bikes the moment it gets above 40(without a helmet), snowmobiles being drive in subzero temps(I’m one of them) and you never really hear someone complain about that.

Take a windshield out of a boat and everyone says no way. It’s not that different of a comparison.

shockers
    Rochester

A tiller thread. Awesome! I’m on my 3rd tiller. Current one a 2009 1675 Pro Guide. I love tillers. I will admit on some days I wish I had a windshield when I’m on Pepin. But maybe I just need a bigger tiller. Hmmmmm. Hah.

I will say, at least for Pro Guides in the 1675 models, they’ve really cheapened them up and under-powered them. So my next tiller I’ll be taking a hard look at Competitors etc.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

All you windshield guys will swear by them and the tiller guys will swear by the tiller.

Match the boat to the way you like to fish.

I’m waiting for Pro-Drive to fully develop and sell this bad boy.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.