New tackle box.

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Looking to grab another tackle box, maybe a back pack style, looking at the piscifun one but is there any specific ones or styles other people have and like. Wouldn’t mind another smaller duffle bag style either.

Deuces

Shorefishing with it or just general use?

billy03z71

Bought this bag last year and have loved it. Plenty of storage options and has a nice strap to put around your shoulder if carrying it a ways. Hoping it’s the last one I buy for many years.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20240319_220905_Chrome.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Shorefishing with it or just general use?

Most of my tackle is in storage in my boat but I have a ton so I like to have a couple tackle boxes around as well. I would like a back pack style for hoping between other buddies boats and I can switch what’s in it.
    Also wouldn’t be bad to pick up another similar to what Billy posted

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Like many, my boat is my tackle box. Years ago I standardized on two sizes of Plano boxes. Panfish sized and I think 3600’s. I have about 50-70 boxes in total. So when I jump in someone else’s boat or hit a shoreline somewhere, I have bags that are suited for the Plano box size. Quick to swap out the 3 or 4 boxes I need specific for where I’m going

Hoyt4
    NULL

Bear I have the Piscifun backpack style I use for ice fishing. works great for my style of fishing in the winter. I have been thinking of changing to one for the boat also.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Like many, my boat is my tackle box. Years ago I standardized on two sizes of Plano boxes. Panfish sized and I think 3600’s. I have about 50-70 boxes in total. So when I jump in someone else’s boat or hit a shoreline somewhere, I have bags that are suited for the Plano box size. Quick to swap out the 3 or 4 boxes I need specific for where I’m going

This is basically the same situation I am in, looking to add one or two for when I want to jump in with a buddy or fish from shore. Not so much as a boat organization but something I will also have in my boat. More so something I can swap boxes in and out depending who I’m going with and for what.
    I currently use a guide series duffle bag for this but it’s tattered and torn

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

This is the same thing I do. The $8 Cabela’s utility box carrier bag is no longer available and I need more bags since I have add more 3700. Just have not found the right bag for the right price.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Bear I have the Piscifun backpack style I use for ice fishing. works great for my style of fishing in the winter. I have been thinking of changing to one for the boat also.

It holds the 3700 totes correct ?

Alagnak1

Rodwork- something simple like this?

I can’t post a link I guess but found these on amazon.

Flambeau Outdoors 4000 Series with Tote Hook and Loop Tuff Tainer

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

^ That is very close to what I am looking for Alagnak. I see Frogg Toggs make one similar for $35. $100 for 3 bags just seems like too much $ to me when it was 10 for $100.

Riverrat

I just walk around with a stack of 3700s and shove them in backpacks until I find one that fits a few and has room for snacks and accessories. It’s fun to trigger loss prevention doing this too. They charge to much for the “fishing” backpacks.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I just walk around with a stack of 3700s and shove them in backpacks until I find one that fits a few and has room for snacks and accessories. It’s fun to trigger loss prevention doing this too. They charge to much for the “fishing” backpacks.

I have multiple hunting back packs that I do this with now. But I wanted something more permanent for just the tackle. I’m just hoping not to spend 100 plus on something. Those cheap bags are intriguing

toddrun

I was given a backpack tackle box for a Christmas gift about 10 years ago. It was a Bass Pro backpack that was purchased off a clearance table. One of the best fishing accessories I have ever used. My only issue is that I am close to filling it up, with the added lures, baits, weights, bobbers, etc… that I pick up every year.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Tactical style 5 day pack works great

orve4

I got my Son one this year for Christmas and we really like using it.

Nodakk

I have that Plano guide bag and really like it. Pricey though

Would the Clam backpack work?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

In IDO form, I think you need to be looking at frame backpacks BC! rotflol

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I have a separate tackle box I have set up that I use as my bag for when I jump in with another boater. Its sort of like the one billy posted but smaller. To be honest its probably 1/10 the lures and plastics I carry in my boat buy contains 95% of the things I may need on most outings. I actually have 2. A real small one for panfish and another one for Bass and Walleye. Even when fishing out of my own boat I find myself using those Two most of the time and only dig into the baits stored in the boat to refill or replace those two other bags. Its nice when jumping in with someone to not have to much gear laying around. Here is a picture of the one I use: Here are the spec’s:

A great gear bag at a great price, Cabela’s® Catch-All Gear Bag makes it easy for outdoorsmen to bring necessary gear along on adventures. Made of a tough, weather-resistant 600-denier polyester, this bag offers 1,280 cu. in. of space to give you lots of room for lots of gear. Detachable, padded shoulder strap or sturdy 1.5″ nylon web carry straps and padded handle make carry easy. 6 exterior pockets offer great gear organization and include zippered mesh pockets on the top and side. Large, embroidered Cabela’s logo on front pocket. Imported.

Tough, weather-resistant 600-denier polyester construction
    1,280 cubic inches of space
    6 exterior pockets – great gear organization
    Detachable, padded shoulder strap
    Sturdy 1.5″ nylon web carry straps with padded handle
    Specs:

15.75″L x 9.84″W x 7.87″H
    Capacity: 1,280 cu. in.
    Weight: 1.32 lbs.

Attachments:
    1. Tackle-box-1.jpg

2. Tackle-box.jpg

deertracker

In IDO form, I think you need to be looking at frame backpacks BC! rotflol

I’m thinking more like an enclosed pontoon to pull behind your boat for extra tackle storage. Obviously you tackle pontoon needs to be a tri-toon with dual 450s.
    DT

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I’m thinking more like an enclosed pontoon to pull behind your boat for extra tackle storage. Obviously you tackle pontoon needs to be a tri-toon with dual 450s.

I am not sure if all my rods and tackle would fit.

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

Nowadays I rarely go anywhere other than walk down to my boat on the dock. I have a 98 year old Dad – not complaining. I use a square plastic milk crate, it fits the larger Plano boxes.

Umy
    South Metro

Gotta have that “hard’ bottom that is not just the material stuff so it can sit on the wet ground or wet boat bottom and not get soaked.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I use wraptor tackle bags as my “go bags” when I’m jumping in someone else’s boat. I throw one in an old back pack and that works great. I have a fishing backpack I got as a gift but it’s kinda heavy and overkill when I’m packing light.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I use wraptor tackle bags as my “go bags” when I’m jumping in someone else’s boat. I throw one in an old back pack and that works great. I have a fishing backpack I got as a gift but it’s kinda heavy and overkill when I’m packing light.

I do have 4 or 5 of the raptor rolls but they are all the crank bait ones.

CBMN
    North Metro

Bearcat, Check out these on the Scheels website:

Scheels Outfitters Waterproof Gear Bag (I didn’t even try a link, just the product title)

Multiple sizes and colors to choose from depending on what you want to fit in them.

I have one tackle bag that I keep mobile with the basics and then grab plano boxes out of one of the boats and put them in the waterproof bags for larger outings…

Riverrat

Amazon has the Plano Z series waterproof backpack on sale for the spring sale for 93$. Fits 3700 boxes.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.