New Stimulas like to give where its needed.

• 1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

I dont need this new stimulus and I will be looking for a good spot for my share to go to. I’m thinking rural food banks.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Its my money in the first place so have no issues taking it back. Uncle Sam will surely come to take it from me again.

Snap

Just think how much you could give if they’d stop stealing so much from you in the first place!

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Yonkers! When good people are on a different wave of thinking it gets goofy. I get it. I was just trying to be positive. Shite I have plenty to bi-ch about.

Weekender
    Southcentral MN

We have 2 vehicles in need of repairs and my wife has a missing tooth that needs a bridge thing or whatever. Ours is spent before we even get it.

B-man

Just be careful not to get the wet ink on your fingers…. neutral

I’d take a tax break over a hand out…..but it is what it is

It’s the same thing in the end for the working class though….”free” money for everyone else

Kirk Charipar
    west central wi

I’ll take it. Our dog spent our last one on her ACL surgery.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Our daughter will get another deposit in her mutual funds if the income threshold doesn’t change. The last package sent us a little under the full amount so I’m sure we may be on the chopping block this go-round.

I’ve got mixed feelings on another stimulus package. Most of the people I know just sort of shrugged and threw the money in their savings. I’m surprised there’s not some incentives to spend it in a certain way.

Fish To Escape

I don’t really get why the stimulus is sent to people that haven’t been affected financially by the pandemic/shut downs. How do you figure out who needs it? No idea.

Fish To Escape

It’s the same thing in the end for the working class though….”free” money for everyone else

I think in some ways it is a tax credit, I don’t remember the details, didn’t look into it too much. Something along those lines though. Isn’t this “free” money only for the working class?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

They will want it all back so its not really free

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

It’s free money for the non-working class. If you pay taxes, you are contributing to the money being passed out. In essence getting your own money back. But they will come looking for more then you contribute to pay for all the non-working class that also received funds.

Nothing, I repeat nothing is free in life, especially when it comes to money. Somebody has to pay.

Fish To Escape

What about if you pay taxes but aren’t getting a stimulus check?

Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

My personal opinion. There’s a side that wants it to buy votes and the other side that wants people to spend it to boost economy. Either way I’m more than happy to take back some of my earnings.

The_Bladepuller
    South end

There ain’t no such thing as a free lunch. Econ 101.
    Tanstafl.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

What about if you pay taxes but aren’t getting a stimulus check?

I’m sure there are more then a few of us won’t get a stimulus. I didnt qualify with 2 kids for the first one and im sure I wont for the next.
    But some how ill pay for both

Doug M
    SE SD

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>B-man wrote:</div>

I think in some ways it is a tax credit, I don’t remember the details, didn’t look into it too much. Something along those lines though. Isn’t this “free” money only for the working class?

the first check was considered an advance on a tax credit if I remember right. This way it was not taxable income. Unemployment benefits, however, is taxable income. Wonder how many people will be hit with that surprise next tax season?

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Unemployment benefits, however, is taxable income. Wonder how many people will be hit with that surprise next tax season?
    [/quote]

Bingo! My wife was supposed to receive around $100 so I told her not to have taxes taken out. Wrong decision on my part. doah

eyeguy507
    SE MN

likely putting it into my daughter’s 529 or save it for her so she can pay her taxes in another 10 years. keep printing it………great move!

Ripjiggen

Don’t the six of you get sick of b…….
    about the same things over and over again on a fishing forum.. asking for a friend.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

about the same things over and over again on a fishing forum.. asking for a friend.

Yes very much so bud. Some times I cant help but give my opinion and sometimes it isn’t worth it.
    If i remember right you launched the boat tonight? If that was you was the bite worth it. Im loading up now to beat the heat but I am already a sweaty mess from doing nothing.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I would imagine those “6” will quit posting as soon as everyone else does. Nothing kills a thread quicker then a lack of responses.

Just read them like you are doing and then instead of replying just move along.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

Yes very much so bud. Some times I cant help but give my opinion and sometimes it isn’t worth it.
    If i remember right you launched the boat tonight? If that was you was the bite worth it. Im loading up now to beat the heat but I am already a sweaty mess from doing nothing.

Sitting in front of the window up here on the trail with a nice breeze blowing in. Still low 70’s and muggy but the breeze feels good. 60% chance of rain so i’ll be under the awning when that starts. Love a good rainfall.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

Sitting in front of the window up here on the trail with a nice breeze blowing in. Still low 70’s and muggy but the breeze feels good. 60% chance of rain so i’ll be under the awning when that starts. Love a good rainfall.

Dutch that sounds like a weekend id like to be apart of. Im just waking up and taking to kid out to whoop his butt on 9 holes. Then playing the weather from there

Deuces

I should watch more news, is there really more dough coming?

Seems like a good time to help stimulate like it’s intended to do and buy something I normally wouldn’t have. Summer tires for the truck.

jwellsy

I should watch more news, is there really more dough coming?

One side of the coin, (I mean isle) wants to spend another $1T while the other wants to spend over $3T.

So to keep the unwashed masses distracted and asleep they are talking about again doling out $1K for every $17K they dole out to their medical industrial complex co-conspirators. Of course this is all pure debt that will never get repaid (except maybe interest to the privately owned Fed Reserve banksters). Meanwhile, grocery prices will continue to go up as the dollar devalues further.

My grocery costs have already about doubled in the past 10 years.

As far as stimulus checks go the thing that comes to my mind are the bible verses about FirstFruits.

Ice Cap

I’m my own favorite charity. If the government wants to give me back some pittance of what they have confiscated over the years I’m more than willing to accept it. We have been self employed for going on 30 years. Nothing like sitting down every 90 days and writing a check to the IRS for several thousands of dollars. Makes it real. Not to mention we usually write another one at the end of they year. Most people don’t even bother to read the deductions on a pay stub they just look at the take home amount and are usually happy.

Our last stimulus checks were just sent right back for quarterly taxes. We sold off 70% of our business in 2017. Circumstances did not allow us to take the gains over several years we had to take a lump sum from the buyer. I knew what we were in for as far as tax liability but the wife did not grasp it. We went to our accountant to have some papers drawn up and to estimate our tax liability. She was literally in tears the entire drive home after that meeting.

Someone once said “you didn’t build that” and it was a rare truth coming from a politician.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Last time around lots of people used that money for home repairs. Thinking part of that was they where also stuck at home bored and staring at what needed to be fixed. For some of us service contractors we where more than happy to help them keep that money moving.

Bring on round 2.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

My grocery costs have already about doubled in the past 10 years.

Maybe you’re eating twice what you did 10 years ago? coffee

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.