New season of ido

• Spencer Haugen

When are we looking at getting the new season? Been looking forward to watching these guys instead of foot ball

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

I think James said the first episode airs the 22nd or 24th

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Our new season (#15!) starts Nov 22. Looks like we’ll have some open water episodes on the front end given the temps of late. We will transition to ice as soon as it is safe to do so. woot

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>luttes wrote:</div>

Our new season (#15!) starts Nov 22. Looks like we’ll have some open water episodes on the front end given the temps of late. We will transition to ice as soon as it is safe to do so. woot

Congrats on 15 seasons! Looking forward to seeing where this year takes you!

Nice Fella

Is Fox Sports North/Fox Sports Wisconsin going to kiss and make up with Hulu by then??

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Is Fox Sports North/Fox Sports Wisconsin going to kiss and make up with Hulu by then??

I have no insight on this. Sorry.

Red Eye

Are the new shows still going to be available on YouTube?

Eric G
    Eagle River,WI

James are you going to be fishing with Paul Delaney this year?

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

nobody would be able to watch them if they werent

Spencer Haugen

Thanks looking forward to seeing ido again we’re getting walkable ice in western Nd just hope the snow stays away!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Of course. We’ll post them to Youtube within an hour or two of the airing of each episode. waytogo

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

James are you going to be fishing with Paul Delaney this year?

Funny you should ask. grin I just got off the phone with Paul this morning on my way into work. With the forecast showing safe ice likely to be several weeks out we were chatting about getting together in the boat. It has been a couple years since I’ve been able to fish with him. I’m hoping things work. Obviously if ice conditions shape up getting out on the ice will take precedence over an open water show but the way things are heading now it looks like a distinct possibility.

Red Eye

Awesome thanks for doing that.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Thanks looking forward to seeing ido again we’re getting walkable ice in western Nd just hope the snow stays away!

PJ and I have that area on our radar for an early ice show. waytogo

Eric G
    Eagle River,WI

thats awesome..I’ve gotten to know Paul form Kurts sport shop over the past 3 years…and he’s come into my store…great guy to talk with hope you guys can catch some whitefish or walleyes down by him

Spencer Haugen

Nice western Nd does have some good areas with some awesome sights along the way! Will you fish with Joel Nelson again?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Nice western Nd does have some good areas with some awesome sights along the way! Will you fish with Joel Nelson again?

Fish with him? Likely. Film with him? No. He’s aligned with different sponsors now.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

James I think a kids fishing show is in line for our next generation of fisherman/women.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

James I think a kids fishing show is in line for our next generation of fisherman/women.

Not a bad idea, it would be somewhat groundbreaking as I cannot think of really any other shows/videos that have done that. The only one close was John Gillespie when his daughter Blake was younger a few years back. Now she’s kind of all grown up now.

I think it could be well received, perhaps 1 or 2 episodes a season to kind of mix in the fun.

Who doesn’t like seeing a young person’s joy and excitement catching fish?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Not a bad idea, it would be somewhat groundbreaking as I cannot think of really any other shows/videos that have done that. The only one close was John Gillespie when his daughter Blake was younger a few years back. Now she’s kind of all grown up now.

I think it could be well received, perhaps 1 or 2 episodes a season to kind of mix in the fun.

Who doesn’t like seeing a young person’s joy and excitement catching fish?

We’ve been working on something along these lines. We’ve been in communication with a school fishing team. IDO would sponsor that team. We would film a show or two with them each season. I’m not sure it is going to work for this season due to Covid19 but it is on our radar. We’d love to do something along these lines but it would need to be heavily supervised / chaperoned so the school fishing team angle made / makes a lot of sense to me.

Eric G
    Eagle River,WI

Just curious if there has ever been a show done on open water white fish fishing?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Just curious if there has ever been a show done on open water white fish fishing?

Not by IDO, no.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.