New Power

• donkoehne
    NULL

Thinking of repowering my Lund Pro V Deluxe. 115 and 9.9 4stroke.
    Please help me decide brand. I have Mercs now.

Attachments:
    1. dons-pike.jpg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Merc
    Yamaha
    Suzuki
    Honda

Depends on what you want / like or dislike in a motor. Why not stick with Merc and save the cost of new controls?

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

My guess is most guys will say Yamaha or Merc. I’d agree with Dutch that if the controls can be reused sticking with Merc makes a lot of sense. If not, cost and warranty would be what I’d look at. Frankly, they are all good motors.

I would wonder if you can increase HP on that hull? If you are going to replace max out the HP.

Musky Ed

While I’m a Yamaha guy, I would just stay with the Merc. Had a 90hp Merc on a 2016 Lund pro guide spare boat that I had, and it was a really great engine. Loved the ease of maintenance with it.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

If I was to change out my Opti I would go Suzuki as I have 2 dealers not far from me.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

You really can’t go wrong with any of the brands mentioned.
    I’d be looking at cost, warranty, and availability to help make the decision.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I just looked into repowering my Impact with a Yamaha. The dealer I worked with offered me 4k on trade-in for my 2018 Merc 115 ProXS and wanted 12k for the 115 Yamaha VMAX SHO.

The trade-in was too lean for my tastebuds, my motor has 125 hrs on it and I feel it’s worth more than 4k, so I’m going to stick with it. I do like it a lot, and the 1 issue I had Merc took care of under warranty. My reason for switching is simply liking Yamaha more and more these days.

I would also easily consider a Suzuki they seem to be dominating the repower market which means either they’re more affordable, more reliable, more available, or some combination of the 3.

Reef W

I would also easily consider a Suzuki they seem to be dominating the repower market which means either they’re more affordable, more reliable, more available, or some combination of the 3.

I want one just because of how quiet they are. It’s crazy when you hear waves slapping on the hill before the motor of a boat driving by with a Suzuki.

donkoehne
    NULL

Thanks all. I am leaning towards two new Mercs.
    Going with the 115. The boat is rated for up to 150 but since the 115 weighs almost 100 pounds less I think this is the way to go on a 1994 transom. I wonder how long these will take to order, going to my dealer later this week.

Erik Swenson

You bring up a great point don. You should thoroughly inspect that transom before hanging new motors on it unless it has been replaced recently. If she’s getting squishy back there I’d imagine you’ll want to address that first.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.