New Osceola boat ramp

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

New boat ramp to open very soon at Osceola. Make sure to have a tow strap with to use the ramp.

Attachments:
    1. 20230726_144534-scaled.jpg

Sharon
    SE Metro

Oh my! That looks a little shallow…

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Is the ramp in the same spot as the old ramp? Did they open up some more area for parking?

-J.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Is the ramp in the same spot as the old ramp? Did they open up some more area for parking?

-J.

Just down river 100 yards from the old ramp. They picked the shallowest area for the new ramp. My boat was parked on dry sand to walk up to the ramp. They did put in lots of trailer parking for the new unusable ramp.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Is the river as low up there as it is down by Hudson? Under normal water levels do you think the ramp will be usable? I’m pleasantly surprised the new Hudson ramp seems to still be working well with the low water. It is less than 3 ft deep out in front of the ramps and some of the bigger boats may get close to the end of the ramp when launching now though.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Is the river as low up there as it is down by Hudson? Under normal water levels do you think the ramp will be usable? I’m pleasantly surprised the new Hudson ramp seems to still be working well with the low water. It is less than 3 ft deep out in front of the ramps and some of the bigger boats may get close to the end of the ramp when launching now though.

How busy and how much is the Hudson ramp? We are thinking of going out for a boat ride some Wednesday afternoon in August

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Dave, The Hudson ramp cost 8.00 for residents and 12.00 for non-residents. Should be plenty of parking on a Wed afternoon.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

This is normal water levels for this time of year plus or minus a few inches. The part of this ramp that is in the water is already buried in sand. During high water this part of the park floods out and gets closed off. So this ramp will be unusable during high water and low water conditions.

But I’ve been hearing they do have a solution for this ramp in the works. That is the old ramp is going to stay as is and will be available for when the new ramp is unusable, like it currently is, when they get around to opening the park.

dhpricco
    Twin Cities, MN

Is this a safe stretch of the river for a small john boat and short shaft motor to not have to overly worry about wrecking a prop?

john shoop

The park renovation was to be completed this spring, it has yet to open. The new motorized boat landing is in the worst spot imaginable, it’s been shallow there for decades. The river is about two feet low right now and even normal levels will be tough to land or put in a boat. I have had several conversations with the national park service and they say they are working on a solution. it would be a perfect place for all of the private kayak company’s to operate out of, but that would make too much since. Its awesome alot more people are enjoying the river, its becoming a not fishing friendly place now. I spend alot of time on that portion of the river and the amount of non motorized traffic is mind blowing.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Is this a safe stretch of the river for a small john boat and short shaft motor to not have to overly worry about wrecking a prop?

Yes, this is jon boat territory. More sand than rock. Also this is a slow-no wake section of the Croix.

-J.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Drove over the bridge last Sunday. Lots of paddlers on the river.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Sounds like the construction fencing is coming down today and the park is opening up again. Other than a useless boat ramp I’m excited to see the updated park.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

They did this for the kayak people. LOL

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

They did this for the kayak people. LOL

I hope not. Osceola isn’t in MN. yay

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I run my 17 ft deep v boat from Franconia to past copas.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Drove over the bridge last Sunday. Lots of paddlers on the river.

cops.

Every weekend the hippies rent from taylors falls and float down in the 100s

tim hurley

Hippies? Anti-government, long hair/facial hair, rock music, weed, any apply to you? coffee

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Hippies? Anti-government, long hair/facial hair, rock music, weed, any apply to you?

They might Tim, but he showers and has a job.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Hippies? Anti-government, long hair/facial hair, rock music, weed, any apply to you? coffee

2 of the 5, wasn’t a insult either way. After working like a dog all day doing man stuff, I’m do for a shower.

tim hurley

Got a little too flip maybe, apologies. “man stuff” makes me want to get flip again-but I’ll let that slide. Shower away, always respect hard workers. I have to remind myself not to label people it gets you making assumptions-I took my car in to have muffler work done, waited while the dude with the long hair and handle bar mustache welded on a muffler, guy does dirt racing and had swimsuit issues of SI in the waiting room, walked to the window to see him welding, music was cranked! The music? Classical-we all fit into categories and we break them too-some of those hippies will or are doctors and dentists. Have a great day!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Got a little too flip maybe, apologies. “man stuff” makes me want to get flip again-but I’ll let that slide. Shower away, always respect hard workers. I have to remind myself not to label people it gets you making assumptions-I took my car in to have muffler work done, waited while the dude with the long hair and handle bar mustache welded on a muffler, guy does dirt racing and had swimsuit issues of SI in the waiting room, walked to the window to see him welding, music was cranked! The music? Classical-we all fit into categories and we break them too-some of those hippies will or are doctors and dentists. Have a great day!

Hippies are my friends. My lady is a new days hippie. Peace love and friendship. My references to Hippies renting kayaks at taylors falls was more so a joke you to a little to serious. But some one has to be offended for every one. It’s all good buddy. Have a great day. I’d shoot you a peace sign but they don’t have that on here.
    I have no idea what your flipping, didn’t catch the reference, nor do I know what your letting slide.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.