New marcum

• Joe Dirty
    Big Lake

I have an exclusive 40% discount through marcum on a new unit. I have an old VX1, which is my first unit. So I’m looking to upgrade one they get more units in stock. I’m think M5. I’m not opposed to the digital units but have no experience with them. High or low price what’s their best overall between digital and flasher?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

That looks like a great unit. I fish with the lx5 and if the new model is anything like the old one you will enjoy its simplicity and dependability, how’d you get the 40 percent off deal

JoeMX1825
    MN

Get a LX-6s, digital is the way to go just on the screen flexibility alone… add a lithium battery and its the perfect hole hopper.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Get a LX-6s, digital is the way to go just on the screen flexibility alone… add a lithium battery and its the perfect hole hopper.

Both of mine were unreliable. They both went to marcum 3 times in 2 winters.

catmando
    wis

I have the LX3 tc and an LX6, both I would buy again, but if I ever buy a new one it would be the Vex 28, fished with one Lake Trout fishing it was awesome. DK.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

Both of mine were unreliable. They both went to marcum 3 times in 2 winters.

I’ve owned the entire LX lineup, never had an issue…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’d get the M5 unless you really wanted digital. You will avoid the issues that the digital units have seemed to have. My first unit was a vx-1. Great little flasher.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Can I get in on your order?

tornadochaser

I don’t think I’ll ever get rid of my M5 even though I only use it for about 25% of my ice fishing. Easy to use and feature packed.

Joe Dirty
    Big Lake

That looks like a great unit. I fish with the lx5 and if the new model is anything like the old one you will enjoy its simplicity and dependability, how’d you get the 40 percent off deal

Interesting. I actually got the deal by reaching out to them about my VX-1. It’s working well but I can tell the transducer is towards the end of it’s life. I messaged them looking to find a replacement and they told me that since they don’t make it anymore I can give them the old head unit and they’ll give 40% off a unit on their website (once they’re back in stock).

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

Interesting. I actually got the deal by reaching out to them about my VX-1. It’s working well but I can tell the transducer is towards the end of it’s life. I messaged them looking to find a replacement and they told me that since they don’t make it anymore I can give them the old head unit and they’ll give 40% off a unit on their website (once they’re back in stock).

If this happens, and I have no doubt it will, this is an excellent example of how business should take care of people. They sold you a product that deliverd a long track record of reliability, however the product is no longer supported due to age/ demand. Instead of telling you, sorry but parts for the product you have are no longer available, but you can buy a new replacement model for full retail however at your local retailer. They said thanks for being a long time customer. We do not support that model any longer, but send it in to us and we will discount you a current technology unit deeply, to keep you part of the marcum family.

Kudos to Marcum, and I makes me happy to know that the 3 Marcum flashers I have (that have never given me problems) are going to be supported, should the time come that they need it. I cannot say that about humminbird. And between the 2 boats and ice units I own 7 birds.

tucrs
    NW Metro

I used a MX7 last year and loved it. I went without a shuttle model to make it a little bit more compact.

It fished like my LX7 but had GPS. Now I only use GPS to mark spots while fishing I did not do any mapping with it.

Joe Dirty
    Big Lake

jbg- to be honest I actually purchased the VX-1 from a guy on facebook market place about 2 years ago. The reason I reached out to them was because I really like it, for how old it is. I feel very grateful for their customer service and they have made a huge fan. I know noone is perfect but they have treated me very well.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Sure would have been nice if they would have taken care of my vx1p couple years ago when the motor timing failed and bottom started bouncing up and down.
    Its a known issue I later found out, but rather they charged me a repair fee I had to buy on line and the ship it to them. They also neglected to mention that I then had to pay for return shipping that was nit included in the fee. The unit was not worth the cost of repairs and shipping.

Horrible CS and unit saw 2 years of service before failure, had to pay for thier know issue of crap parts, first and last I will buy.

Eric Hammerud

If you can get 40% off any unit, get a mx7. Having gps is nice along with the different functions the digital flasher offers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.