New Lund Tyee 1875 vs 1975

• FSHNRIG

Hi, I would like to order a new Tyee but unsure on which model. The difference in base price between the two boats is approx. $8500.

I will put either one on a tandem axle trailer. Storage garage size not an issue, boat lift size not an issue. I will max out the motor size on either model and add power steering. Right now I am leaning toward the 1875 with the upgraded suspension seats for the driver and passenger. 75% of my use will be medium sized inland lakes and 25% for larger lakes (LOTW, MilleLacs, Winni, Devils Lake ND, etc.) I’m thinking the 1875 will handle the medium and large lakes fine. Most of my trailering loads and launching may be a bit easier with the 1875. I usually remove the 2 rear seats if its just two or three in the boat to increase cabin area.

What do you think? Your thoughts are welcome. Thanks, Greg.

Ps.. No plan to switch brands or model. Its going to be a Lund Tyee!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Sweet boat regardless! If you are buying new, what is another $8500? I don’t think there will be much difference either way, but you could avoid 1 footitis in the future. However, if you are planning on saving the money to put into suspension seats, bimini or other features that make using it easier or more pleasurable go with the 1875. You going Glass or Tin?

Umy
    South Metro

Sounds sweet – either one. I only fish with 1 other person 98 times out of a hundred so the extra length and all that that would provide in amenities would not be a concern for me. I think the 1875 would be just fine for where you are fishing but my only big lake I hit is Rainy and have had some hard weather there so an extra foot ( or two) on my 1775 would have been nice. I agree w Bigwerm and put the extra towards those amenities. THat will be a sweet rig!

FSHNRIG

Thank you both for your comments. I went ahead with the 1975 and kept all the upgraded features. I want this boat to be with me for many years to come. I already planned for the tandem trailer and the extra foot length is all in the cockpit which makes it nice for landing fish outside the sport top tubing. This rig will be nice with the 225-hp and 36-v ulterra/hbird/ilink setup. Take it easy.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Enjoy it (in a year, when it’s delivered bawling )!

Umy
    South Metro

VERy nice! ENJOY!

FSHNRIG

Dealership anticipates the delivery date of the 1975 Tyee to Shakopee MN early May 2022. Otherwise will be bobbing in my Lund SSV14 dinghy!

Umy
    South Metro

I was very happy with my Sales rep – Luke Leddy
    Have been very happy with the rest of their staff.
    I included these two pictures of my trolling motor wiring harness that they installed.
    I went to pull it up while on the lake, saw some fireworks and pulled the plug.
    THe picture without the yellow insulation next to my fingers is my “fix” for this ( properly done)
    The picture with my fingers and the yellow insulation is how they installed it and called it job done – bare wire to bare wire.
    I was “disappointed” in their effort needless to say.
    Solid experience otherwise – good group of people.
    Enjoy the hell out of it!

Attachments:
    1. Trolling-motor-wiring-1.jpg

2. trolling-motor-wiring-2.jpg

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I would never have anything rigged again at Rapid Marine’s Shakopee location.
    They couldn’t even follow what I wanted (types of batteries) and rigging directions that I printed for them.

FSHNRIG

The poor rigging feedback is troubling to me. How much actual rigging does the dealership do when the Minnkota and H-bird sonar is ordered through Lund? If the dealership does it I may ask them to allow me to inspect all the cables, ties and connections before I take possession of the boat.

Umy
    South Metro

Would not hurt. Have had the rest of my stuff rigged at Fishlectronics. Couple folks here have listed some other good spots as well. THe wiring 2 picture shows stage 1 and stage 2 ( waterproof connector then the waterproof rubber sleeve)
    Don’t know how you can shove the job they did back in to a hole and call it “done” That would eat at me to no end.
    Gonna have a great boat – have fun!!

Benny

I purchased my 1875 Tyee (you’re going to like the boat by the way) last spring from a different Twin Cities dealer. They should walk you through everything before you take possession, mine did at least.

I don’t believe Lund installs any of the trolling motors or electronics in the factory, that’s usually done by the dealer. The only thing I had the dealer install on my boat was the trolling motor mount. Everything else I did myself (two Helixes, chargers, batteries, tracks and rod holders). If you have any basic electrical knowledge, it’s a piece of cake. The real benefit is that you know how everything is put together, so when you have an issue, you know how to troubleshoot it.

I’m not sure I’d pay anyone to do electronics install on my boat. It’s not that hard, and honestly I kind of enjoy it. Nothing like sitting out in the boat in the driveway with a cold beer, playing with your new toys )

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I may be the odd one out but I would absolutely save the 8500 and stick with an 1875. Also because 1875 is ultimately the size craft I want to be in next (currently in 1775).

Also to tag along with others here, bought mine from Luke Leddy as well. Great guy, obviously knows the boats and loves boating. Would buy another boat from him absolutely. I can’t speak much on rigging because I did my own. R&R (rapid shakopee) did add 2 extra folding cleats on my gunwales at my request, and they have not come loose or anything. They drilled, tapped and used loctite and I can tell based on my heavy use of them they did it correctly where I likely would not have.

They’ve also taken care of warranty issues as needed and without question. I had to have my driver dash replaced as original was cracking after just 3 years.

FSHNRIG

Follow-up Note:
    New 1975 Tyee arrived at dealership by truck on May 25th. Checked it out last week and will pick it up this week. All accessories arrived except for the Mnn Kota Ulterra (major drag). Bow plate, power receptacle, and network cables to dash installed at factory. Dealership will install sonar/gps, transducer w/spray plate, and vessel view mobile. DTS and Panther power steering done at the factory as well. Thanks for your comments. Luke Leddy has been a pleasure to work with. Greg.

Raptormaster

FSHNRIG – Had same issue when my new Pro V arrived in April. Ulterra 112 70″ with link did not arrive and no news as of today. I was fortunate enough to find a 112 60″ at fish electronics and bought it immediately. NO Link on this one. If you still in a bind shoot me a PM – if/when my first one arrives I will be looking to sell the 112/60. Rest of boat is a dream. Worked with Matt at Nelson and he was great.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.